• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Voting for maps, should this be changed?

Do you like this voting improvement?

• Yes

Votes: 280 90.6%
  • No (please explain why below!)

Votes: 29 9.4%

• Total voters

ChadTheDJ

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hello MCSG'ers and MCGamers! We wanted to start an opinion thread discussing our current voting system and how we have our players pick maps. We would like get some of the high quality underplayed maps more chances to be picked plus an overall increase variety so we can avoid overplayed ones. So our devs and I brainstormed ways on making it better and had come up with this option based on other games multiplayers system like Black Ops 2 or CoD. What if we have 5 map choices but the six option be an unknown random selection? So how it would be as a mock up:

Vote for a map to play on:
Map1
Map2
Map3
Map4
President Snow's Pick (or Random Map, working on text ideas)

With this setup, there will be no skip. So how do you all like this idea to be added via our future core update? What are your thoughts? If you vote no, please state your opinions below so we can continue a discussion on this. Just for a FYI, the community already has voted against random in general when we asked that in the past.

Last edited:

Mlpoknzaba

Diamond
Reaction score
I like the idea, but 5 other maps is way too many. Perhaps make it 3 and set it up so the 3 other maps aren't included in the random selection.

Dah_Hobbit

District 13
Reaction score
6th! And this sounds awesome. I think skip should still be there though, but I like random and 5 options!

Logan1111

Experienced
Reaction score
This would be really cool to have added, it would really add a new element since then everyone won't be saying "these maps suck". It would also be interesting as then the map would be unknown to everyone.

Johnnycentral1

Survivor
Reaction score
Guys he is asking your opinions not who is first to reply *facepalm.

I love this idea! The Surprise factor of the random map (pres. snow's pick) is an awesome idea! You wont know where you are going untill it shows up on screen :D

Manos

Diamond
Reaction score
Good idea, and put every map in the random

Krumblez

Career
Reaction score
Just saying Bo2 and CoD are pretty much the same thing. And I like the idea you had where even if the map was just played, you could still play it again. I actually like map 4 and that it's overplayed xD Nowadays, map 4 is almost never played in the games that I join. I like the good ol' days where it was just nothing but map 4 and
Breeze. That's just my opinion though; I don't expect anyone to agree with me on that one, haha.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci