• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Water Combat

Matt_The Dreamer

Mockingjay
Reaction score
I've just thought to myself how I've never killed anyone in the water, for 40 something wins, I've never killed anyone in water combat. Mostly because I'm clueless on how to do it. I know about ducking in water to avoid arrows and to fishing rod your friends to help catch a man but how do I stab someone in the water? How do I escape from teams chasing me in the water? That's where you guys come in :p

This is what i'm looking for:
  • Tips on melee underwater.
  • How to pursue someone in the water .
  • How to avoid dying when someone with more water skills tries to kill you.
  • Best way to kill teams in water.
  • Any other general water tips .
Thanks for reading :)

ShaunDepro

Mockingjay
Reaction score
When I encounter a player in water... I usually log out instead of waiting an agonizing 30 minutes for us to hit land. x)

Zeno

Platinum
Reaction score
Water fights are much easier with a fishing pole in absolutely every way. You can use it to push people back if you are on low health, separate a team to fight them individually, or just be a coward and ruin the game for everyone by swimming away the whole match with no intention of fighting (sigh).

Anyways, my annoyance with water noobs aside, the key to water PvP is getting beneath people. When you are beneath people, the radius with which you can hit is slightly larger than your opponents, and thus you can get a few extra hits in that can give you the edge you need to win a fight. Secondly, on the subject of bows, use your arrows sparingly, and try to save them for when your opponent will, inevitably, attempt to run for the whole match (usually at reasonably low health).

I could expand with more tips, but it is 3 AM, so....

Antster360

District 13
Reaction score
Water fights are much easier with a fishing pole in absolutely every way. You can use it to push people back if you are on low health, separate a team to fight them individually, or just be a coward and ruin the game for everyone by swimming away the whole match with no intention of fighting (sigh).

Anyways, my annoyance with water noobs aside, the key to water PvP is getting beneath people. When you are beneath people, the radius with which you can hit is slightly larger than your opponents, and thus you can get a few extra hits in that can give you the edge you need to win a fight. Secondly, on the subject of bows, use your arrows sparingly, and try to save them for when your opponent will, inevitably, attempt to run for the whole match (usually at reasonably low health).

I could expand with more tips, but it is 3 AM, so....
I hate it when people do not fight. They just run away :p

Matt_The Dreamer

Mockingjay
Reaction score
I hate it when people do not fight. They just run away :p
Same :(
Thanks for the tips :). They'll help.

inconceivable81

Platinum
Reaction score
To get more hits, go under the person you're attacking and click as fast as you can! To get teams away, get the front one away and then, very important, the back one so he can't reach the front one. Don't fight teams with good stuff in water. It is easy to kill noobs with good stuff though. Here:
http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=4zArhX4F4WU
Go to 4:20

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci