• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Waterfall Resort MCSG map

Do you like this map?

• Yes

Votes: 175 85.8%
  • No

Votes: 29 14.2%

• Total voters

BitoBain

Career
Reaction score
I only have two main complaints:
1. It looks like the whole map is lit up with torches and lamps, so that there are no real good places to be stealthy. Make some of the caves or open fields without light sources, including some of the places around corn. (So people can do sneaky corn attacks and team take-downs.)
2. Change the name. Two maps that end with "resort" won't do. You could replace "resort" with "park", "arena," "commons," or even "hangout." Along with that, "Waterfall" isn't too creative. You could replace "Waterfall" with a name of a real life place. This happened in the MCSG maps Yellowstone and Chernobyl 2015, so it is okay. On the other hand, the name of the map doesn't even have to be descriptive of what is in the map, such as in the map Insanity Cause. (Well, I guess that map did drive me a little nuts with all those annoying vines, but you get the point.) A generic name is okay too, after all, Breeze Island and it's two counterparts, MCSG ruins, Skylands, Overgrown Arena, Hungry Hills, Fortune Island, Moonlight Lake, and Solar Frost don't include specific names, just slight connotations. With whatever final name you choose, be creative and content with it. The name you choose will affect how much people like it. Nobody likes a yellow jug of milk concealing perfectly good milk on the inside!

RayMC

Diamond
Reaction score
1. It looks like the whole map is lit up with torches and lamps, so that there are no real good places to be stealthy. Make some of the caves or open fields without light sources, including some of the places around corn. (So people can do sneaky corn attacks and team take-downs.)
2. Change the name. Two maps that end with "resort" won't do. You could replace "resort" with "park", "arena," "commons," or even "hangout." Along with that, "Waterfall" isn't too creative. You could replace "Waterfall" with a name of a real life place. This happened in the MCSG maps Yellowstone and Chernobyl 2015, so it is okay. On the other hand, the name of the map doesn't even have to be descriptive of what is in the map, such as in the map Insanity Cause. (Well, I guess that map did drive me a little nuts with all those annoying vines, but you get the point.) A generic name is okay too, after all, Breeze Island and it's two counterparts, MCSG ruins, Skylands, Overgrown Arena, Hungry Hills, Fortune Island, Moonlight Lake, and Solar Frost don't include specific names, just slight connotations. With whatever final name you choose, be creative and content with it. The name you choose will affect how much people like it. Nobody likes a yellow jug of milk concealing perfectly good milk on the inside!
This reminds me of all the good maps that were taken down. Insanity Clause! OMG I loved that map! They should keep one region in which all the accepted maps of all time are in the rotation. For.....nostalgic purposes.

Kingwolly84

Survivor
Reaction score
I will be waiting for this...........please though, don't make me wait too long :)
Thanks RayMC i am glad you like it!

You are right Bitobain i need to change the name. I am thinking of some good ones. I will also take a look at the torches thanks for the tips.

Kingwolly84

Survivor
Reaction score
You need more artificial lighting. All the torches deteriorate from the map.
I have that many torches because i need the light for the grass in the caves but i will take a look at it thanks.

Redwash11

Platinum
Reaction score
This looks pretty cool,
Is it set in a modern time era?
You were the only builder? Dayum, impressive, I would go crazy if I was asked to do that xD

Kingwolly84

Survivor
Reaction score
wow… just its great
Thanks ChargedPVP :D i almoust give up on this map.

This looks pretty cool,
Is it set in a modern time era?
You were the only builder? Dayum, impressive, I would go crazy if I was asked to do that xD
Yep it took me about 4 months in total. I hope i have the time for a new map soon. Thanks!

Wow! It's a really nice map! Add me on Skype: drewo136 i'd like to ask you something!
Thanks SubtractHD, You can ask me what you want :D i have skype but my mic is broken :(

Kingwolly84

Survivor
Reaction score
can't wait to try out this map!!! AWESOME
Thanks Zekrom_Ares,

I hope they add it one day but there are so many good maps that i am afraid it is not gonne happen.
I am also not very known here so not many ppl click on this tread but thanks for the kind words :D

Zekrom_Ares

Diamond
Reaction score
Thanks Zekrom_Ares,

I hope they add it one day but there are so many good maps that i am afraid it is not gonne happen.
I am also not very known here so not many ppl click on this tread but thanks for the kind words :D
Kingwolly you're such a good builder I think you should make a build team I'm sure it'll be a successful one

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci