• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

We definitely need change. definitely cause it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cheetuh

Experienced
Reaction score
Hello it's God again; this should be a fairly long rant but a very meaningful one to me and hopefully you. So if it's too long and you don't care, just leave now instead of saying TL;DR. That would show immense immaturity and seriously disappoint me to see. Now to explain
I have gone all throughout my life being told by my family, friends, and other loved ones that sexual interests are entirely up to the individual and that being homosexual will always be an option and completely ok. Gays are people just like any other person and honestly tend to be nicer people on average in my opinion. I have been friends of homosexuals, pansexuals, bisexuals, heterosexuals so on and so forth. Due to this, I have come to know what great people they are and how nice they can be. I have also gone throughout my life being among friends who make gay references... even I have participated some of the time... some examples may include saying "hah GAYYY!!!" or "fgt, fegget, fabulous person, other uses of the word" "queer, gay kid" too many more... I've looked back and realized what we have done, what we could've done, and what we can do. I hate these actions for multiple reasons such as:
1. It can truly hurt people. If people all around you constantly use gay as an insult like this even as a joke, how can they be able to tell anyone or be confident in themself? I haven't gone through this but would expect coming out to be a very difficult experience and much much worse with these terrible conditions and surroundings. They could become scared they would be outcast, hated, or put in a situation that is undesirable for no good or fair reason. A homosexual could easily be offended by just one person saying "wow what a fag." even about someone else INSTANTLY. Why would you risk saying it to begin with? You could be talking to someone who just hasn't come out because they're too scared and it's because of people. like. you. It just isn't worth it.
2. All it does is encourage it among others. If you express these things, you could arise anti-gay opinions among other people and spread it more. Are you aware that even governments have attempted to pass laws making gays unable to participate in public events, eat at certain restaurants, go to certain schools, etc. This familiar at all? How about 1920s-1970s with segregation laws against blacks followed by mass racism that followed for decades? How about the holocaust? That's right homosexuals were victims too; not just the Jewish. Do you want to help cause this? Another segregation or even another HOLOCAUST?! May be that's out of proportion. Maybe calling someone gay won't make a difference in the long run. Maybe it will. But most definitely, it's capable of hurting at least one person. Is that your goal?
3. Loss. That's a bit vague; allow me to specify. People have ended their lives over people discriminating against them for their sexual preferences. Are you aware that 3x the amount of people who are murdered actually kill themselves? Are you aware that approximately 4/5 of it is due to bullying? And finally... are you aware that 1/2.5 of this is bullying involving homosexuality? Let's do the math here. Nearly the same amount of people who are murdered every year kill themselves (precisely .96 times the amount) due to hatred toward their sexual standpoint. Now let's take our focus off of those who actually did pass away and direct it toward those who grieve. Families have lost their children, friends have lost their friends, siblings have lost their brothers and sisters. Do you know how it must feel to cry every night wishing you could just see them again? To tell them it's ok? To feel like there is something they could've done but didn't? Do you know how their parents felt thinking they did something wrong or forgotten to do something right? Same to their friends and loved ones... do you want this? Do you want to be the reason people cry every night unable to forget what happened? I hope not.
That was my reasoning and now you must see my point. I don't want you to say sorry, to tell me or anyone else you'll do better. Saying this will not help anyone by any means at all EVER. What you need to do is take action and prove you can be better. Never joke about gays or the element of homosexuality. If someone does, you step in and help this person from being the reason people cry THE REASON PEOPLE DIE! If someone comes out of the closet, you support them no matter what you believe. Show that you care about them and that their feelings are ok and always will be. Show them you love and care about them. Show them they belong and are loved. Don't hate them don't bully them don't make them feel unwanted. I am not homosexual myself but decided in a way to be when I made this thread. By that, I mean that I put myself in the shoes of a suicidal gay, an unconfident gay, one who has "friends" that make him feel unwanted, or even the loved ones of any of these. I had to understand TO FEEL their pain and other negative emotions, and I swear it was terrible. I understand now. So I finalize, take action. Make them feel loved, make them feel wanted, and Damn it don't make people have to cry!

Lucidictive

Diamond
Reaction score
Thank you for bringing this subject up. I feel like people need to have awareness about this, thank you.

Lucidictive

Diamond
Reaction score
Okay I know you guys don't agree with God and you want flame to continue! That's fine, we're all human beings! Go call someone gay, if you really want to. Just know gods watching!

Nineharted

Career
Reaction score
It sad that I honestly did laugh a little at this? Not because it's funny but because this is a sad attempt at mocking me with no real purpose all to make himself look cool. He's not cool at all, just some poser.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci