• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

What Are Some Tips/Strategies For The Art of Using the Fishing Rod?

Reaction score
I've been trying to find a thread about how to use a fishing rod in PvP, but I haven't been able to find one. So either give me tips or link me to a good thread on this strategy, because at the moment, I only use the fishing rod for getting xp (fishing).
Thanks, friends

BlitzCometITU

Diamond
Reaction score
Right before you go into a battle, smack them with it, it'll hit them back and they won't be able to hit you.

Mooclan

Forum God
Reaction score
Also, if you are in the Water, it is an invaluable tool.
I don't know how Nooby you are when it comes to the Fishing Rods, or PvP in general, but:
When Teaming with someone and chasing someone in Water, push each other forwards with fishing rods. If you have even half-decent armor, it will not deal you any damage, but will get you closer to your target.
If you are being chased by someone in Water, push them away from you with the fishing rod! Even better if they don't have any armor, because they could take damage.
Being chased on Land? Hit your opponent away from you by quickly spinning in a 180 twist, hit them once or twice, then turn back, and keep running! A decent way to get some time to regenerate your health.
Likewise with the Water, if you and a teammate are chasing someone on Land, you can hit your teammate forwards with the fishing rod to give them a slight boost. Make sure you don't hit the person you're chasing.
In DeathMatch with a person with: A) Better gear than you. B) More hearts than you. You can use the Fishing Rod to circle Cornucopia and hit them back, giving you time to regenerate hearts.

sionghwee

Experienced
Reaction score
Right before you go into a battle, smack them with it, it'll hit them back and they won't be able to hit you.
That is when they do not expect you. Use this strat to someone who knows It or uses it will not work.:D

BlitzCometITU

Diamond
Reaction score
That is when they do not expect you. Use this strat to someone who knows It or uses it will not work.:D
Never thought of that. I am a PR01337$N1PE5 when it comes to fishing rods. So yeah that won't work for you Ella.

Flyer

Roll Tide
Reaction score
I use it for when I'm charging someone I hit them with a fishing rod at the last second then switch to my sword. It usually gets me an extra hit or two because it can screw up their sprint sometimes and possibly fling them a bit into the air, giving me more reach than them because I'm below them.

BlitzCometITU

Diamond
Reaction score
I use it for when I'm charging someone I hit them with a fishing rod at the last second then switch to my sword. It usually gets me an extra hit or two because it can screw up their sprint sometimes and possibly fling them a bit into the air, giving me more reach than them because I'm below them.
Look up.

Mooclan

Forum God
Reaction score
That isn't the point I am making. I am saying, she isn't good with a fishing rod, how will she just learn something that confuzzing.
You never know. One day, she could be like G33ke, and completely whoop your butt with nothing but a fishing rod and stone sword.

ScrewYouGumby2

Diamond
Reaction score
I use it when running at someone before first hits, it we get separated for more hits and after I eat and an enemy is near. G33ke made a post about this, I would say that he pioneered the use of fishing rods for land combat, as he said people use it in various methods.

Play around with them, they are probably the most unique tool and can be used to your advantage in so many different ways, I frown upon people who ignore the uses for them.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci