• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

What Computer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JennoKoala

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Well, I hate to say it but I am a nub with computers. I am considering to save up for a new computer since I would rather have a computer rather than a laptop.

So, this is where I need the community's help. What do you suggest I do? I have around £800-£1200 to spend.

Do I:

Buy a default computer on-line where I cannot customise it. if so, what do you suggest I get?

Or

Do I:

Build my own. If so, what parts do I include to my computer?

Mooclan

Forum God
Reaction score
First, find out what you want. Do you want to be able to run Shaders on 100+ FPS while recording, or just good enough FPS that you can record hackers and still be able to pvp well while recording? (Etc., basically what I mean is how high do you want your FPS.)

Maybe go onto a computer building website, and create a custom computer. Pick out your parts, and keep track of what you're picking. Then, compare the price of the entire thing if you were to have it prebuilt to how much it would cost if you built it your own, and decide if the extra $ is worth it.

PiixL

Career
Reaction score
Consider buying after Christmas when loooots of sales are on c:
I would never consider buying an Alienware, although when I looked it had -£150 off and a further 20% off. And at 1.1k for a GTX 770 and an i7 4820k I couldn't say no c:

Ali

Mockingjay
Reaction score
I would never consider buying an Alienware, although when I looked it had -£150 off and a further 20% off. And at 1.1k for a GTX 770 and an i7 4820k I couldn't say no c:

JennoKoala

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
First, find out what you want. Do you want to be able to run Shaders on 100+ FPS while recording, or just good enough FPS that you can record hackers and still be able to pvp well while recording? (Etc., basically what I mean is how high do you want your FPS.)

Maybe go onto a computer building website, and create a custom computer. Pick out your parts, and keep track of what you're picking. Then, compare the price of the entire thing if you were to have it prebuilt to how much it would cost if you built it your own, and decide if the extra $ is worth it.
I would love to have 100+ shaders whilst recording but what do I need for that?

InsanelyEpic

Spectator
Reaction score
I would love to have 100+ shaders whilst recording but what do I need for that?
not sure if u would get those frame rates without spending hundreds of dollars on a overkill graphics card, but if u were to get a gtx 770 the average would be around 60-80. but also it depends on which shader you'll be using

Imanol

Diamond
Reaction score
I have a custom built computer I made last year for $3000 ;-;

Mamiamato24

Diamond
Reaction score
Guys, the last reply to this thread was the 18th of December of last year. Unless JennoKoala requests for this thread to remain open, can a moderator please lock? c:

Col_StaR

District 13
Staff member
Reaction score
Guys, the last reply to this thread was the 18th of December of last year. Unless JennoKoala requests for this thread to remain open, can a moderator please lock? c:
I'm pretty sure Jenno got his computer going in the last 7 months since this thread was active.

It's a good topic, though.

Thread Locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci