• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

What do you consider a "quality" post?

Res

Diamond
Reaction score
What I consider a quality post is all of yours. End of story <3

demonsushi

District 13
Reaction score
It's interesting that a genius of this craft asks the community about what they feel on this matter...

A quality post defined by me is one which has components of a well written essay. I believe people who strive for a post achieving recognition (those which have "quality") should take this into mind. Though many may disagree, length plays a key role in this matter. While not always, length means commitment, especially on the MCSG forums. According to my 2 second calculation, the average age of a member of this community is maybe 14 or 15. At that age, teenagers become impatient and sporadic in their decision making. To commit to a post of length means that a user is passionate about their opinion on the topic. Therefor, commitment leads to another important component: good grammar and vocabulary. Who works hard on a post only

2 rite liek dis?

Another thing I believe a quality post needs is shape. It requires a beginning, middle and conclusion. As I stated earlier, this ties into the essay form. Without shape, a reader can lose their place when reading, especially when the piece begins to gain the length I spoke about earlier.

Essentially: The longer a post the more organized it must be.

Without this, a post cannot stand out as something about the others, its not special, and doesn't have that same quality.

Finally, when a piece gains length and is more organized than that girl who studies for 3+ hours for each test, it needs to grab the reader. This includes humor, but also with a bit of variety of median: whether it be color, font or shape. This is another place I sometimes lack, though OhFancy excels in. Keeping a readers eye and making them believe they want to like a post is what makes a post the best it can possibly be.

And since this post lacks one of my key pieces (humor and color) may I direct you to this very corny joke below:

What is Blue and fluffy?
Pink Fluff :D

Signed,

-Demon

duckluv321

District 13
Reaction score
Like others have mentioned, I typically look for:

- Grammar
- Humor
- Paragraphing

Grammar is incredibly important for me in a post, because it can be hard to read posts that don't use punctuation, and end up with mile-long run-on sentences :p

Humor is also important simple because I love to be able to have a laugh while reading a post, instead of just reading something super serious.

Paragraphing is also important, especially if the post is long because it's super difficult to read the entire thing when it's just in one big blob XD

arsenal

District 13
Reaction score
Like others have mentioned, I typically look for:

- Grammar
- Humor
- Paragraphing

Grammar is incredibly important for me in a post, because it can be hard to read posts that don't use punctuation, and end up with mile-long run-on sentences :p

Humor is also important simple because I love to be able to have a laugh while reading a post, instead of just reading something super serious.

Paragraphing is also important, especially if the post is long because it's super difficult to read the entire thing when it's just in one big blob XD
You forgot one thing, if it is written by duckluv321 then it is automatically quality.

WilloWizard

Platinum
Reaction score
Paragraphs, length, also certain people who post things, I'll actually bother reading them. Unlike this post I'm writing, that isn't that long and the person writing has a stupid avatar.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci