• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

What do you do when you get a sword at corn?

Reaction score
Okay, let's say you start a game by getting a sword from one of the chests in the beginning.
Let's say you don't know who to kill. Let's say you stop, look around you, and see people running away from the corn to start off their chest routes. In other words: You were to late. You didn't act fast enough. You got a chance, but you didn't take it.

This happens to me everytime I get a sword in corn. Mostly because I don't know what to do.
I don't know who to kill. Those close to me? Those with high bounty?
How do I know if a player got good stuff? Few people take on their armour in the beginning.
Should I chase people around, or just go directly to my chest route?

All questions collected: What do you do when you get a sword at corn?

Teije

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
kill one person at corn, and run away

Julius345

Platinum
Reaction score
Try to kill some people at corn and go your route. Don't chase people for too long

Nadarekyle

Career
Reaction score
I'll weigh my options as best I can in about 2 seconds. Whoever my brain is on at that moment is my target. If they leave my sword range, I'll switch targets. If I go 5 seconds without killing someone, I'll head on my chest path.

How I weigh my options is: "Are there any people in the game that will be hard to kill if they are geared up?" "Do I see any people with armor or materials I need?" "Which is more important: Not letting this 150 win player get away, or not letting this other guy get away with that iron chestplate and diamond?"

Depends on the person and the gear at hand, but always try to come up with a list of targets in the lobby, even if you have almost no intention of acting on it.

Zeno

Platinum
Reaction score
If I see anyone get armor out of a chest or be idiots and actually put it on, I will target them and hunt them down, even if I don't get my chest route. Then I'll just roam the map and hunt for whatever remaining gear I need.

If I don't see anyone with armor, I'll attempt to take out one high points/wins guy, then run my route.

Reaction score
If I get the sword, I will either 1. Aim for people with lots of wins(threats) or 2. Attack people who have VISIBLY gotten a corn chest.

Plg21

District 13
Reaction score
I kill the closest person. If its easy to kill many people at corn (like breeze because people get pushed into the vines) then I just go beast mode then go on my route once I've killed all I can. I never chase people.

Just wanted to add this, the best time I got a corn sword I got iron chest, pants, and boots in corn chest then killed a guy for two diamonds and a helmet.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci