• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

What do you think about Minecraft 1.9 PvP?

Getix

District 13
Reaction score
1.9 seems really interesting.
I think it will be really skill based and really funny.

Mamiamato24

Diamond
Reaction score
They haven't even introduced the shields yet ;-;
Anyway, it looks like a fantastic update but we'll probably stay in 1.7 forever !!

Ava

Administrator
Reaction score
Yeah, won't there be a time where you're forced to update it?
If we want to survive and thrive as a network? Yes. I have a feeling that 1.9 will be an update embraced by PvP communities - perhaps slowly at first, but surely. But, that said, nothing can be set in stone as of right now; 1.9 is still quite far out. It'll probably at least a few more months, given that snapshots have just started to be released as of last week.

Lubbers

Platinum
Reaction score
If we want to survive and thrive as a network? Yes. I have a feeling that 1.9 will be an update embraced by PvP communities - perhaps slowly at first, but surely. But, that said, nothing can be set in stone as of right now; 1.9 is still quite far out. It'll probably at least a few more months, given that snapshots have just started to be released as of last week.
How do I get medals?

Vanicle | Vanessa

District 13
Reaction score
I think 1.9 will help bring a spark back to MCSG/Minecraft PvP. Things have gotten so repetitive. Back in the day when hardly anyone used fishing rods or flint and steel, PvP was still so exciting and there were those few individuals that you would see that were by far the better PvPers. I'm hoping 1.9 provides something similar back to our community.

Triping

Platinum
Reaction score
I think unless we time travel back to December 2013 minecraft will still be a horrible game and though the community is SLOWLY getting better it will still be bad.

Mamiamato24

Diamond
Reaction score
Devs: "We updated to 1.9!"
Community: "Ok."

*one month later*

Community: "We want 1.7 back!"
Devs: "._."

Date

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I don't even play on 1.7 I think 1.8 is the best imo. And we don't know how 1.9 is going to be but I guess we're going to have to wait. Nice thread btw I've seen almost 600 of the 'what do you think of the 1.9 combat update' Kthnxbye

Mega_Spy_X

Spectator
Reaction score
Guys... you think the 1.8 thick fishing rods are bad. Look up 1.9 fishing rod! They have it set to where it don't hit them. It just latches on to them without hitting. When you right click again, it will pull the player in towards you. And when you climb a ladder or something with the rod hooked on to the player and you right click again... the player will go like 10-20 blocks in the air. Allowing the noobs to get cheap kills and win while they don't have any skill. Plus that will also end the fishing rod combo. You need to have skill to use the fishing rod. :( If the noobs who have no skill wins because of this, I will be so upset. They don't deserve to win if they win unlegit. Basically, this is the worst update for the fishing rod ever!

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci