• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

What do you think of the new iPhones? (5C and 5S)

chockadlad

District 13
Reaction score
As soon as Steve Jobs died, Apple's been going downhill. Steve Jobs was the "steering wheel" of Apple. Without him, they can't do anything.

Have you seen what happened to Apple when Steve Jobs got fired? That's right, they had to beg for him to come back and save them.

They don't really know that well what they are doing. A few reasons.
  1. If you have a look at the new iPhone 5C cases, the "iPhone" on the back now spells "hon".
  2. The 5C and 5S were so poorly announced that Wall Street didn't like Apple that much for the entire day.
  3. Apple keeps making enemies. Examples- Patents with Samsung, removing Google Maps and Youtube from the pre-installed apps list, patents with HTC and Microsoft, the list goes on.
  4. Customers aren't really impressed with the newer generations of iPhone. They aren't DOING anything to the phone. The specs in the iP5 and the iP5C are EXACTLY the same. They COST the same, now that Apple cut the price on the iP5. The 5S has improved processing power and a fingerprint scanner. That's it. Have a look at newer phones from Android. They actually have different sized screens, WAY more powerful processors, better cameras, arguably a better OS, etc.
  5. Apple is so tight on security, it's jailbreak or nothing.
  6. Let's be honest, apart from iSheep, everyone is moving on to Android.
WHEW, rant over.
Oh believe me, I'd rather choose an open device than a jailbroken iPhone, but it's not like they're known for their open devices either, and tbh I haven't really read about iP5c&5s. Atleast they used to know I suppose?

Professor Nub

Platinum
Reaction score
Oh believe me, I'd rather choose an open device than a jailbroken iPhone, but it's not like they're known for their open devices either, and tbh I haven't really read about iP5c&5s. Atleast they used to know I suppose?
Yeah, they DEFINITELY used to know what they were doing. They were innovative powerhouses until Steve Jobs died.

Reaction score
Yeah, they DEFINITELY used to know what they were doing. They were innovative powerhouses until Steve Jobs died.
I wouldn't go as far as to say they were an innovative powerhouse, almost all of the features of the original iphone were taken from other devices which allready had them. What they did have was a fliar for design and they were great at marketing but that has really changed since Steve Jobs died.

Professor Nub

Platinum
Reaction score
I wouldn't go as far as to say they were an innovative powerhouse, almost all of the features of the original iphone were taken from other devices which allready had them. What they did have was a fliar for design and they were great at marketing but that has really changed since Steve Jobs died.
The first iPhone WAS ahead of its time. The rest of your statement I agree with :p

The Arena Master

Mockingjay
Reaction score
False. Until now, iPhones have been made out of aluminium and glass.
False: while they do have aluminum and glass, they have a plastic wrap.

Anyway, looking at the video again, I think these are a couple of apple haters. I didn't bother to watch the whole thing because I knew where it was going. Just storming it up with apple.

Also, with that video capability comment, the Iphone 4 was, I think, the first ever phone to record videos in HD. It actually set that milestone.

Professor Nub

Platinum
Reaction score
False: while they do have aluminum and glass, they have a plastic wrap.

Anyway, looking at the video again, I think these are a couple of apple haters. I didn't bother to watch the whole thing because I knew where it was going. Just storming it up with apple.

Also, with that video capability comment, the Iphone 4 was, I think, the first ever phone to record videos in HD. It actually set that milestone.
The Samsung Omnia HD was the first phone to ever record videos in HD.

Reaction score
As soon as Steve Jobs died, Apple's been going downhill. Steve Jobs was the "steering wheel" of Apple. Without him, they can't do anything.

Have you seen what happened to Apple when Steve Jobs got fired? That's right, they had to beg for him to come back and save them.

They don't really know that well what they are doing. A few reasons.
  1. If you have a look at the new iPhone 5C cases, the "iPhone" on the back now spells "hon".
  2. The 5C and 5S were so poorly announced that Wall Street didn't like Apple that much for the entire day.
  3. Apple keeps making enemies. Examples- Patents with Samsung, removing Google Maps and Youtube from the pre-installed apps list, patents with HTC and Microsoft, the list goes on.
  4. Customers aren't really impressed with the newer generations of iPhone. They aren't DOING anything to the phone. The specs in the iP5 and the iP5C are EXACTLY the same. They COST the same, now that Apple cut the price on the iP5. The 5S has improved processing power and a fingerprint scanner. That's it. Have a look at newer phones from Android. They actually have different sized screens, WAY more powerful processors, better cameras, arguably a better OS, etc.
  5. Apple is so tight on security, it's jailbreak or nothing.
  6. Let's be honest, apart from iSheep, everyone is moving on to Android.
WHEW, rant over.
Tldr. Nuff said. :3
Well, for a start, as a Korean, I never really liked Apple and the way they go around making their products. This is my opinion.
My opinion gets summed up by this video.
We should ban you for starting a flame war, little brother :3

Fox

Diamond
Reaction score
Well, for a start, as a Korean, I never really liked Apple and the way they go around making their products. This is my opinion.
My opinion gets summed up by this video.
Oh no! A thread that can cause flame wars ;-;

Back to topic: Um, they look pretty nice and I'm buying an iPhone 5s if I can. :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci