• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

What do you want to be when you grow up?

Manos

Diamond
Reaction score
wow what state do you live in. $27 noice. You maintain school job games and social life. Your life is set
nsw
The $27 is just a representation
I get a salary at 60k a year
27 accounts for rough estimates and public holidays and holiday loading and stuff. As with a salary comes sick leave, annual leave, long service leave, etc.

ViolentKitten

Platinum
Reaction score
Not even gonna lie, I'm probably one of the only MCG players with a full time job. I work from 12AM to 7AM as a baker at the biggest baking franchise in Australia, Bakers Delight.

To answer your question, yes this is what I want to do with my life. It's fun being one of two people in a whole entire shopping center just baking bread, which as weird as it sounds is my dream job.

Also the pay isn't that bad as well, $27.42 AUD per hour, for 7 hours, 6 days a week. I make over 1k per week at the age of 17.

People always ask me how I manage my school work and social life with my job. My time schedule is as follows:

School: 8:40 to 3
Sleep: 3:40 to 11
Prep for work: 11 to 12
Work: 12 to 7
Fun time: Saturday and Sunday, hence why I only play weekends and go to party's on weekends.
Mother of god.. That is impressive.
I am currently employed in two jobs

1: Work at a McDonalds quite close to my house on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays. Pay is alright, not fantastic but the wage for minors, especially at McDonalds is as you would expect.

2: Work at a Veterinary Clinic on Saturday mornings as a four-hour shift. Being a vet is something I've always wanted to do because I love love love animals and such things.

My career goals for my entire life ranged from being a professional rugby player, to a game designer, and now am seeking to be a Vet, haha.

Reaction score
nsw
The $27 is just a representation
I get a salary at 60k a year
27 accounts for rough estimates and public holidays and holiday loading and stuff
Oh alright but you have got it down. If you make 60k a year that is more then my staff at my convenience store they are over age (18+) make about $500 week. and they work 22 hours a week.

Manos

Diamond
Reaction score
Oh alright but you have got it down. If you make 60k a year that is more then my staff at my convenience store they are over age (18+) make about $500 week. and they work 22 hours a week.
That'll be coz I'm working 40h (including breaks) a week. When you think about it they'd earn bout the same if they worked my hours
Mother of god.. That is impressive.
I am currently employed in two jobs

1: Work at a McDonalds quite close to my house on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays. Pay is alright, not fantastic but the wage for minors, especially at McDonalds is as you would expect.

2: Work at a Veterinary Clinic on Saturday mornings as a four-hour shift. Being a vet is something I've always wanted to do because I love love love animals and such things.

My career goals for my entire life ranged from being a professional rugby player, to a game designer, and now am seeking to be a Vet, haha.
It's not all as good as It seems though. I have many a burn on my arms which makes it look like I cut myself. I have to wear long shirts and skivvies where i can

Reaction score
That'll be coz I'm working 40h (including breaks) a week. When you think about it they'd earn bout the same if they worked my hours

It's not all as good as It seems though. I have many a burn on my arms which makes it look like I cut myself. I have to wear long shirts and skivvies where i can
Yeah if you are a permanent or normal and you work 40 hours a week. I thought you worked something like 20 hours

ViolentKitten

Platinum
Reaction score

That would be harsh :/ I mean, I'll put myself through hell to earn that kind of money, but it would be awkward having questionable remnants of your morning's work all over you.

Miner9823

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
To be honest, this thread does indeed refer to personal ambitions, or goals, or dream careers. And to be honest, the title of this thread was made with such simplicity, that there will be a huge amount of different answers, and these are my personal goals, ambitions, and dream careers...

I would first like to begin that one of my main dream careers are to be an astrological physicist. Or merely an astronomer, or simply an individual who studies the stars, who gains knowledge of what lies beyond and what is within the universe, an individual who studies the laws of what is what and how it works. I have always felt so comfortable to feeling absolutely insignificant when referring towards astronomy, despite me containing very little to no knowledge of anything that references astronomy, I have always admired the ways it had functioned, and how it had become to be to this day. Unfortunately the pay isn't at the best of terms, an average annual pay would be somewhat around $20,000, I would believe that it does not usually matter to me much. As I am more ambitious to studying the beauty and to have knowledge of greater things that us as human beings are still yet to comprehend. I enjoy feeling insignificant, as it brings me to realism, as to show that all these unnecessary conflicts, and a great amount of hate that is spread around the globe is nothing. And must remain nothing, despite how serious they are, astronomy forces me to believe that there are much greater things that are happening within our galaxy itself, and our Milky way, compared to the universe still is nothing. It proves to show how little meaning and recognition our lives feel towards the rest of space. Yet again, they mean so much for us amongst ourselves, because a human life is indeed valuable, and has a right to know what lies beyond.

I have also considered acting every now and then, as to help me express works and personal feelings in a more professional, and recognized manner, I would always have considered to act within films that entirely portray realism within our society, or a sort of truth that is within the movie that lets the viewer realize it through watching it. Yet again it hasn't been too much of a profession of mine, however I plan to do Drama lessons when I reach tenth grade, meaning I begin my GCSEs. For those of you who aren't familiar towards GCSE, it is a curricular level to which people reach when they decide to continue studying in the tenth grade and eleventh. A levels are reached in 12th and 13th grade. It is a British curricular kind of school I go to. Back to topic, I have thought that acting seems like an adequate place, and was also an ambition as I was always so keen to becoming a well recognized individual by crying in the TV, or laughing, or anything of that sort.

I have also been ambitious to follow the field of study of Psychology and
Archaeology. As so to continue my mother's legacy, and her ambitions. ( No worries, she's still alive! c: )Because I have had known about what ordeals she had to go through within the past, to which I will not provide further detail to, and she had achieved a Master's degree in Psychology, but had never gotten a chance to study Archaeology. As it was her personal ambition.

One of my other main dream careers are to become a writer, or a novelist. Although my portrayal and performances within Literature are seemingly a little blunt, I have always had the ambition to provide works of art through using words. I have read some books that have truly intrigued me and inspired me to even write myself. That is why I usually enjoy English so much. Unfortunately for me, despite how ambitious I am towards it, I have never brought up the will to attempt to write a full story. But I hope to one day just say "Forget this, I'm gonna go for it." and indeed complete my first, complete and and well thought-of story.

I have had personal goals within my lifetime as well, which did indeed vary as well.
These included to exploring as much of the world as I can. Because I have developed a little bit of a wonder lust to exploring the world, learning about different cultures and what landscapes look like. I have always thought that since I was born within this Earth, I feel more than happy to walk it.

I have also included personal goals to achieve as to winning the Nobel Prize, although it may seem as an irrational, and virtual fantasy, I have always thought about achieving it, because throughout my life, I have always felt as if I weren't worth much, or wasn't relevant towards existence, and to make another step of progress for mankind would indeed help me think otherwise. However that is unlikely.

Also, as a personal achievement is to become a moderator within the MCGamer community, and as well as others. Because I do love feeling the satisfaction towards helping other people and regulating server activity, as well as preventing any severe issues from occurring within the server between players. I am not generally too interested with the perks I obtain, like flying and all that. However, I am interested to be a more active member within the community and as well as have people to take me a little more seriously when any rules are broken. And to also have a slightly better opportunity to participate in well made community events, as I have been in few throughout my time in the MCGamer community, but they indeed were worth it.

However, what I truly want to become when I grow up, is to become happy. To be happy. :)

Manos

Diamond
Reaction score
I would first like to begin that one of my main dream careers are to be an
astrological physicist.
I think you mean astronomical not astrological. Asrology is the study of star signs and stuff and weird voodoo space star stuff

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci