• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

What Does block hitting allow for?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zee

Survivor
Reaction score
Okay so I have been block hitting for a while now and just wondering what it does. I'm guessing it allows for the player to get more hits on the other players. Thanks for reading.

Porkstorm

District 13
Reaction score
It's reduces the damage you take but immobilizes you.
Usually is a. Disadvantage unless your indoors.

Zee

Survivor
Reaction score
Oh I see, makes sense. Thanks for the reply

Gunnishone

Platinum
Reaction score
Yes, I believe that blocking (right clicking with a sword by default) blocks 50% of damage 50% of the time, although that could be wrong. I only use it when I'm in a tight space. I do know a lot of people that do it all the time, which I don't think is a good idea.

Zee

Survivor
Reaction score
I only use blocking to avoid getting killed by arrows in the water. It helps a lot.

RC_4777

Mockingjay
Reaction score
It's reduces the damage you take but immobilizes you.
Usually is a. Disadvantage unless your indoors.
If you are accurate enough your immobility is made up for by defense. If you can track a strafing player enough to match their hits (quite possible, you just have to be quick) you can take them down.

Gunnishone

Platinum
Reaction score
Good idea, however it does slow you down. If I was wanting to make an escape I wouldn't want to be slowed down by blocking. I normally just shark attack :D

Unuxon

Career
Reaction score
It's said to reduce the damage to the player block hitting during a battle, But i have also read on the forums here that block hitting only works in some situations because you have to hold a block for a half a second for it too reduce any damage, so i guess whether it works or not would depend on the players speed of hit. So really block hitting i guess could also be more complicated than it seems you have to hit fast enough to get enough hits to beat the enemy but still keep your speed at the right pace for the blocks do reduce any damage at all. That is if what i read about you have to block for a half a second is true, It seemed like a pretty reliable source.

Hope I helped.

Darby100

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I always thought blocking just reduced your damage taken. I suck at it and can never get it right though :p so I don't use it. However I believe if you are good at it and the situation calls for it. Then it could be a game changer! :)

Chris_9999_

Survivor
Reaction score
My opinion on block hitting, is that you should only use it while in a confined space (perhaps a building). Block hitting reduces the amount of damage you take but potentially decreases the amount of hits you get on your opponent. However, if done correctly, it can be quite affective.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci