• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

What happened to all the good maps?

DatPikachu

District 13
Reaction score
Well, you see:
As MCSG was overrun with tryhards, they cared less and less for actual Survival Games.
They wanted flatland PvP with nothing but fishing rods and flint and steel.
MCSG was forced to remove the classics, as the majority did not want them.
The tryhards won, the true players lost.
RIP MCSG.
This is so true, it's scary

Disingenuous

Platinum
Reaction score
I joined MCGamer late last year and I never had the opportunity to experience the 'old' MCSG. I would love to play some of the older maps more often, like SG2, SG3 and even the original SG1. I would play SG Classic, but there is just no one in it. I guess nowadays we all have to put up with gapple chugging randy teamers on Valleyside and Demons Breeze :(

Ephizav2

Diamond
Reaction score
I mean I really hate the new maps like Par, that map with over 100 tier twos that looks liek a crappy version of Icarus, but some of the "new" maps are still a lot of fun to play like Valleyside and Holiday.

DatPikachu

District 13
Reaction score
I mean I really hate the new maps like Par, that map with over 100 tier twos that looks liek a crappy version of Icarus, but some of the "new" maps are still a lot of fun to play like Valleyside and Holiday.
I wouldn't call Valleyside and Holiday "new" anymore. They were put out a pretty long time ago :p

Ephizav2

Diamond
Reaction score
I wouldn't call Valleyside and Holiday "new" anymore. They were put out a pretty long time ago :p
Which is why I put quotations, since they are considered new to some people who have been here longer than I have. (If anyone is curious, joined around september 2013)

RC_4777

Mockingjay
Reaction score
Luckily Fortress Pyke is still in the rotation so you have nothing to worry about.
Not sarcasm, it's my favorite map
I feel you, I like SG2 and half the people leave when I vote it. I play it a lot because of my votes thankfully. It's nice when no one else know about the pink house.
Which is why I put quotations, since they are considered new to some people who have been here longer than I have. (If anyone is curious, joined around september 2013)
I don't think anyone would consider them new. They've been out for 2 years, It would be a stretch to call them new considering they've been around longer than the majority of the maps here.

Ephizav2

Diamond
Reaction score
I feel you, I like SG2 and half the people leave when I vote it. I play it a lot because of my votes thankfully. It's nice when no one else know about the pink house.

I don't think anyone would consider them new. They've been out for 2 years, It would be a stretch to call them new considering they've been around longer than the majority of the maps here.
Tbh I don't really like sg1-sg3 and sg5 because the maps are fairly huge, and the games are really drawn out.

RC_4777

Mockingjay
Reaction score
Tbh I don't really like sg1-sg3 and sg5 because the maps are fairly huge, and the games are really drawn out.
The games hardly even get to refill when I play them. I guess that's drawn out now though.

SharkyFin

Survivor
Reaction score
Please don't make threads like these, although everyone likes classic maps, and I slightly agree with you, this will cause a lot of flame.

Exult

Survivor
Reaction score
Please don't make threads like these, although everyone likes classic maps, and I slightly agree with you, this will cause a lot of flame.
The moment you start preventing people from expressing outlandish opinions is the first step towards a GHASTLY ORWELLIAN DYSTOPIA OF CENSORSHIP!

threads should be locked when and only when people flame exceedingly (assuming the content of the thread is acceptable)- not in order to prevent anticipated flame from people disagreeing with the OP.

SharkyFin

Survivor
Reaction score
The moment you start preventing people from expressing outlandish opinions is the first step towards a GHASTLY ORWELLIAN DYSTOPIA OF CENSORSHIP!

threads should be locked when and only when people flame exceedingly (assuming the content of the thread is acceptable)- not in order to prevent anticipated flame from people disagreeing with the OP.
Yes, but in the rules, they state that this could hurt map makers feelings as well.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci