• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

What happened?

Randard1200

Career
Reaction score
How did this place go so far downhill? It used to be good but I see money got in the way... Oh well the memories this place brought will distract me from the ruins this place is now. How is everyone liking it? Is the general pop still interested? Is breeze island still spammed?

Electrix

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
How did this place go so far downhill? It used to be good but I see money got in the way... Oh well the memories this place brought will distract me from the ruins this place is now. How is everyone liking it? Is the general pop still interested? Is breeze island still spammed?
Money? I really don't know what you mean. Most ranks can now be per month, 1.7 is back instead of awful 1.8, and the no-cheat is getting better. Breeze Island is far from spammed, as we have a lot better maps now, like Par 72, Green Grass, SG: Adrenaline, and many more. The staff is listening more to the players, and some really great new faces have joined the staff team. Although the clan community has gone downhill, and it's better to turn chat off while in-game. Things have gotten more competitive, but there's still a lot of fun to be had on MCGamer.

BedIntruder

Experienced
Reaction score
you know someone's an old player when they mention everyone playing breeze island all the time

Ceroria

Mockingjay
Reaction score
I don't see how money got in the way specifically, but the community has changed quite a lot, especially with the influx of tons of foreign players.

Zable

Diamond
Reaction score
The main problem is the toxicity of the community, not saying all the community is bad but since the skill level went up many players became more cocky and rude to others just because of the fact that they die.

TheMangoTiger

Platinum
Reaction score
I think the main reason is people take it too seriously now
back in 2012 99% of people played for fun not stats

smashmaster

Platinum
Reaction score
Look nothing will bring back the old days I wish something would but the server needs more money so more people can play not cause they want it...there helping people who can't buy donor

Mooclan

Forum God
Reaction score
Often, people say that MCGamer has gone downhill. But honestly? It's still alive, kicking, and a well-known network with thousands of unique logins each day.

I can't deny that there are issues. But then again, even the largest governments in the world have issues constantly popping up. MCGamer is far from perfect, sure. But in the past, the issues were different.

I don't think that MCGamer - or as some might say, MCSG - has had a concerning rise in severity or number of problems, relative to the scale of the network. It's just that the problems are different from what they used to be.
Back in 2012, perhaps there were issues with not enough staff members, not enough maps, or an unrefined plugin. In 2013, perhaps the clan scene was dominated by just a few clans.
Now that we're in 2015, we have plenty of builders who are creating tons of new maps, and the developers have been working for more than three years to create the best plugins that they can. Someone recently estimated that we have over 150 staff members, and clan knowledge is spread all across the network, so that many clans have a fairer chance at reaching the top.
However, now people are complaining about other types of issues, such as the toxicity of the players themselves and the negative chat that can be seen on the server. (??? mods where u at fam??? jkjk i've spent too much time on twitter)

It's different. Not worse. That's something that took me a long time to realize, and it's something that I would still agree with even if I was not a staff member.

smashmaster

Platinum
Reaction score
Often, people say that MCGamer has gone downhill. But honestly? It's still alive, kicking, and a well-known network with thousands of unique logins each day.

I can't deny that there are issues. But then again, even the largest governments in the world have issues constantly popping up. MCGamer is far from perfect, sure. But in the past, the issues were different.

I don't think that MCGamer - or as some might say, MCSG - has had a concerning rise in severity or number of problems, relative to the scale of the network. It's just that the problems are different from what they used to be.
Back in 2012, perhaps there were issues with not enough staff members, not enough maps, or an unrefined plugin. In 2013, perhaps the clan scene was dominated by just a few clans.
Now that we're in 2015, we have plenty of builders who are creating tons of new maps, and the developers have been working for more than three years to create the best plugins that they can. Someone recently estimated that we have over 150 staff members, and clan knowledge is spread all across the network, so that many clans have a fairer chance at reaching the top.
However, now people are complaining about other types of issues, such as the toxicity of the players themselves and the negative chat that can be seen on the server. (??? mods where u at fam??? jkjk i've spent too much time on twitter)

It's different. Not worse. That's something that took me a long time to realize, and it's something that I would still agree with even if I was not a staff member.
You make a good point. If you think of it this way more people play now then in 2012 just a lot of the old people have faded away.

BedIntruder

Experienced
Reaction score
I think the main reason is people take it too seriously now
back in 2012 99% of people played for fun not stats
2012 wasn't mcsg's prime lol

2013 was mcsg's prime, once they started adding competitive maps like Valleyside, SG4

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci