• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

What is so bad about mini map?

YoutubaHD

Survivor
Reaction score
As the title suggests, I am wondering what is so bad about mini map? I have a few ideas why it might be but Im going to show why it isn't really that much of an advantage

Reasons it may be illegal
Coordinates
Idea of what the map looks like
(If you can think of any others please let me know)

Counters to those Reasons
Anyone can view there coordinates by pressing F3
All you can see is what the top of the map looks like.
It also Doesn't show players or chests, so it also has no advantage about that.

Extra Stuff
I am only asking this because I see no real advantage and I accidently forgot to take mine off from my series and other detailed stuff I don't want to go into. Long story short, I accidentely forgot to take off my mini map. But there is also no advantages that I see, there may be other reasons why it is not allowed and I am wondering what those may be.

Chezerony

District 13
Reaction score
You can just go about the map making markers where chests are, or where corn is.
That's all that comes to mind at the moment for me.

YoutubaHD

Survivor
Reaction score
Because way points can be set at chests, aka cheating...
Counter to that:
But the mini map waypoints also have to be set for EVERY server and every time you log in, therefore it would really only last for 1 game, and that game is the one you will be setting them at.

CAmadeusA

District 13
Reaction score
Counter to that:
But the mini map waypoints also have to be set for EVERY server and every time you log in, therefore it would really only last for 1 game, and that game is the one you will be setting them at.
AND, they stay per server, so eventually it is doable. And there is no counter for something that is already AGAINST the rules...

Chezerony

District 13
Reaction score
Counter to that:
Counter to THAT:
people with donor can log onto the same server each time, and although chests would be different, I'm pretty sure corn is the same, and you can always label the waypoints as to which map it is. Although I have no idea why someone would take the time to...

Captain Dak

Platinum
Reaction score
On a huge confusing map such as SG3 for example, when using a minimap, finding your way back to corn goes from being quite difficult to extremely easy. Therefore, it's an advantage.

CAmadeusA

District 13
Reaction score
Same as why we cant use Nodus on the server. Because it provides an unfair advantage... = hax

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci