• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

What is so bad about mini map?

YoutubaHD

Survivor
Reaction score
AND, they stay per server, so eventually it is doable. And there is no counter for something that is already AGAINST the rules...
When I play on my singleplayer world I have to re put the waypoints every time, I may be wrong about the servers I never really payed much attention to to the map, trust me, I have already been punished for using mini map even though i did not have waypoints, I don't use it anymore but I am just wondering what are some reasons it may be banned, you do have a point so I see some reasons. This is why I made this thread, to get more reasons why it is against the rules, and you have helped me with that. :)

CAmadeusA

District 13
Reaction score
You can see buildings on the larger map.
Its not about the mini map itsself. But everything else it does also. Its only a small part. Even in his main post, you admit that it provides an advantage... Anything that gives another player an advantage over that someone who doesnt know how to install mods , is against the rules.

YoutubaHD

Survivor
Reaction score
You can see buildings on the larger map.
-_- ............. You can only see the top of the buildings, and they have to be within range so you would see it anyways unless you have tiny render distance. CAMaduesa has already given me good reasons, I don't understand your reason that much.

YoutubaHD

Survivor
Reaction score
On a huge confusing map such as SG3 for example, when using a minimap, finding your way back to corn goes from being quite difficult to extremely easy. Therefore, it's an advantage.
Thank you for the feed back, that's reason I made this thread, to see other reasons other than the reasons I listed. :)

Rhino1928

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
In other words REI's mini map IS HACKING AND CHEATING. End of conversation :p

JokersMaze

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Okay wait that post sounded confusing. I mean you can see buildings from an overhead view, giving you an advantage.
I didn't mean to support minimap, I'm sorry ;-;.

YoutubaHD

Survivor
Reaction score
In other words REI's mini map IS HACKING AND CHEATING. End of conversation :p
Uhm, you don't see the point of this thread, also you can't really close/lock a thread. I am wondering the reasons besides the ones I listed and have gotten some good responses, maybe other people have ideas of why it might be banned.

Rhino1928

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
It was a joke when i said ''end of conversation'' and it is hacking and cheating.

YoutubaHD

Survivor
Reaction score
Also, another thing, that link that you posted CAMaduesa, that enables enitities, which are mobs not players and cave mapping (Underground Map). Also OptFine is allowed, but besides just improving FPS it also allows you to zoom in and see chests farther away than players without OptiFine. So that provides an advantage over players who cant zoom in.

JokersMaze

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Also, another thing, that link that you posted CAMaduesa, that enables enitities, which are mobs not players and cave mapping (Underground Map). Also OptFine is allowed, but besides just improving FPS it also allows you to zoom in and see chests farther away than players without OptiFine. So that provides an advantage over players who cant zoom in.
If zooming is an advantage, then so is having a bigger monitor :p

Mr_Tibbels

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I guess i can understand why this should not be allowed. Its an unfair advantage to to other players

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci