• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

What is The Best Fanfiction You Have Read

SonicSplit

Career
Reaction score
Well I read a Fanfiction series and a Fanfiction for the first time and surprisingly one was very entertaining and the other was very thrilling. I felt like I might as well make a thread about it. Anyways feel free to comment below your opinions on this.

So in my opinion,out of the two fanfictions I have read in my life, I preferred the thrilling one. This one was called Heads or Tails. As you can probably guess it involves Miles "Tails" Prower however the heads thing is very fitting. This is because the main plot of the story is that Sonic has been murdered and Tails was framed by someone for it. In turn Tails is cast as a fugitive and is forced to run from the Mobian Police Force(which is terrible at there job since they only mange to shot one of Tails' tails once) and his former friends(specifically Amy, Shadow, Knuckles, Cream, Cheese, and Rouge). It surprisingly was pretty enjoyable and thrilling. Feel free to post your opinions now ^_^

Col_StaR

District 13
Staff member
Reaction score
What was it about?
The story itself was a personal introspection of Twilight Sparkle at the end of her life, reminiscing about her dearly departed friends. It was a thoughtful introspection on the impermanent of life and the inevitability of death, but also how the friendships one makes with others leaves a permanent mark that will live on in the hearts of others even after they pass on. Fanfiction is not often well regarded as having a good reputation (it's not all undeserved), but I hold that work to be a powerful and legitimate literary work (that just happens to be through a Pony lens).
Oddly enough, I can't seem to find it anymore. Hope it didn't get deleted.

I guess I can tide you over with my second favorite piece of MLP fanfiction, the dual combo of Pirates For a Day and Eternity. Pirates For a Day is a good piece of young-love shipping with abundant DAWWWW's... but Eternity is really what elevates the stories into something profound. It walks you through important moments in the couple's life, from the innocence of childhood to the loneliness of elder years. It's seminal message is that love will keep you young no matter how aged you are, and it makes sure that you feel how true that is. And that ending... it will move you.

And if you want something of the, "throw up in your mouth" variety, I like to hold onto fics like this one or this one. Whenever I feel like my writing is losing its edge, I like to pick one of these up, read how utterly terrible the plot, grammar, and narrative are, and think to myself, "Hey, at least I'm not as bad as this!" It's an oddly effective motivational tool, so I purposely like to delve into, "so bad it's motivating" pieces of writing, and fanfiction is a bountiful source of those.

Electrix

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I have only read 2 fanfics in my life (thank god) and they both weren't very good.
However, if you want a good fan fiction, read my attempts at writing a Harry Potter short story when I was about 7.

Spectral_Slayer

Platinum
Reaction score
The story itself was a personal introspection of Twilight Sparkle at the end of her life, reminiscing about her dearly departed friends. It was a thoughtful introspection on the impermanent of life and the inevitability of death, but also how the friendships one makes with others leaves a permanent mark that will live on in the hearts of others even after they pass on. Fanfiction is not often well regarded as having a good reputation (it's not all undeserved), but I hold that work to be a powerful and legitimate literary work (that just happens to be through a Pony lens).
Oddly enough, I can't seem to find it anymore. Hope it didn't get deleted.

I guess I can tide you over with my second favorite piece of MLP fanfiction, the dual combo of Pirates For a Day and Eternity. Pirates For a Day is a good piece of young-love shipping with abundant DAWWWW's... but Eternity is really what elevates the stories into something profound. It walks you through important moments in the couple's life, from the innocence of childhood to the loneliness of elder years. It's seminal message is that love will keep you young no matter how aged you are, and it makes sure that you feel how true that is. And that ending... it will move you.

And if you want something of the, "throw up in your mouth" variety, I like to hold onto fics like this one or this one. Whenever I feel like my writing is losing its edge, I like to pick one of these up, read how utterly terrible the plot, grammar, and narrative are, and think to myself, "Hey, at least I'm not as bad as this!" It's an oddly effective motivational tool, so I purposely like to delve into, "so bad it's motivating" pieces of writing, and fanfiction is a bountiful source of those.
Harmony's defeat was my favorite xD The weapon choice was a bit scary though....

Col_StaR

District 13
Staff member
Reaction score
...The weapon choice was a bit scary though....
How so? You didn't love the fact that gave each other conventional modern weapons, and then halfway through the story made every character a RIG from Deadspace, complete with stasis beams? How about the fact that the UN and Russia are at war with each other, despite the fact that Russia is a prominent member state of the UN? How about the fact that EVERYTHING IN THAT STORY MAKES ME FACEDESK?

One of these days, I'm going to write a fanfiction so bad that it will create a singularity, forming of such a great mass that it will collapse into itself like a black hole, sucking up all the bad fanfictions in the world and sending it via wormhole somewhere where they will do no harm... like North Korea. Or the moon.

Spectral_Slayer

Platinum
Reaction score
How so? You didn't love the fact that gave each other conventional modern weapons, and then halfway through the story made every character a RIG from Deadspace, complete with stasis beams? How about the fact that the UN and Russia are at war with each other, despite the fact that Russia is a prominent member state of the UN? How about the fact that EVERYTHING IN THAT STORY MAKES ME FACEDESK?

One of these days, I'm going to write a fanfiction so bad that it will create a singularity, forming of such a great mass that it will collapse into itself like a black hole, sucking up all the bad fanfictions in the world and sending it via wormhole somewhere where they will do no harm... like North Korea. Or the moon.
You have really thought this through haven't you xD

Burningcupcakes

Platinum
Reaction score
I read a fan fiction on the divergent series and it was amazing. It changed my outlook on everything in life. Pretty serious stuff.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci