• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

What makes a texture pack better for PVP?

DeluxeMunchies

Spectator
Reaction score
I don't get it. People keep saying certain texture packs are better for PVP than others. What exactly are the advantages that some texture packs have over others. Also, what do you think is the best texture pack to improve PVP performance?

jared451

Survivor
Reaction score
Fire is better, Colored bow pull-backs, better fishing rods, etc. Download a bunch of PVP Packs and test them out and see which one is right for you! :D

JJSnacks

Diamond
Reaction score
PARTICLE EFFECTS! Try using obvious particle effects. This can be quite important when landing a critical hit or a fully charged bow shot. If you can see the particles of when these things happen, you can calculate how low your opponent is. I find it very useful. The particle effect I use is from Huahwi's texture pack (the rainbow star particles).

Fireized

Diamond
Reaction score
Default is actually a pretty nice PvP texture pack... all items are clear what they're supposed to be, particle effects are easy to see, not the lowest fire ever but you can edit that and it will get you good framerate in comparison to other higher resolution PvP texture packs.

Twee

District 13
Reaction score
I don't really care about my texture pack, as long as it has low-fire. That makes it a good PVP resource pack for me.

rexxyy

Diamond
Reaction score
Some things that really make a "PvP" texture pack stand out to me is low-fire. I'm always a noob and when I'm on fire I tend to lose 2/3's of my fights. Low fires helps me in scenarios like that. Another instance where PvP texture packs would stand is is possibly a clear inventory. While you're throwing stuff out someone might sneak up on you, if you have clear GUI, you can see that person and react faster. Last is colored bows, which basically tell you how much damage the bows will do. Hope that helps.

Billa

District 13
Reaction score
Some things that really make a "PvP" texture pack stand out to me is low-fire. I'm always a noob and when I'm on fire I tend to lose 2/3's of my fights. Low fires helps me in scenarios like that. Another instance where PvP texture packs would stand is is possibly a clear inventory. While you're throwing stuff out someone might sneak up on you, if you have clear GUI, you can see that person and react faster. Last is colored bows, which basically tell you how much damage the bows will do. Hope that helps.
Rexxy knows what's up.

JJSnacks

Diamond
Reaction score
Dem pro tips xD

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci