• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

What map should we make?

What map should my friends and I make?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Reaction score
So, I've been playing MCSG for awhile, and I have always wanted to make a map. However, I didn't want to make only what my friends and I wanted to make, I wanted to know what you guys wanted us to build! So, here are our map ideas! Please leave a vote on this poll, and the winner after a certain amount of time will be built!

*This is not the permanent name. We will change the name if it wins.

World War III: Later on in the future, we have experienced yet again another world war! This land is in ruins, and you must survive against your twisted teammates to escape!

Minecraft Museum: When did the game start? Who created it? Why are you all trying to kill each other? Find out by surviving on this map in a city where the museum about Minecraft is the center of the show.

Fire-Ice Planet: Remember Freezeflame Galaxy from Super Mario Galaxy #1? This map will be similar to that, but it will be Hunger Games!

Quasar: Think of a black hole. Now think of running right next to one. Now, picture that you are fighting other people with the risk of falling into one. If you fall, enjoy your stay!

Last edited:

Bamber

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Can we have more details on what exactly do you plan to do on each map?

Reaction score
Can we have more details on what exactly do you plan to do on each map?
Well, the name's kind of explain themself a bit. The only one that I would recommend looking up is Quasar.

Basically it's going to be a map on the verge of a black hole (quasar).

TheRealAussie

District 13
Reaction score
Whichever map wins will be worked on, and we will make the gameplay smooth. We just want to know which theme is the best.
That's honestly your decision. Use your best judgement. You shouldn't let other people make decisions for you.

Reaction score
That's honestly your decision. Use your best judgement. You shouldn't let other people make decisions for you.
I agree, but look at the point of view of mine like this:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Someone wants to open up an ice cream shop somewhere, so he buys the building for his shop. Now, he has to make a decision: What kind of ice cream should he buy? There are 2 paths he can take:

1) He can buy whatever kind of ice cream he wants, but remember that there is only limited space in his store, so he will have to choose wisely, so he goes and buys random flavors. There is a catch to this, though. Either:
a) People really enjoy the flavors and keep coming back to the store.
b) People won't like the flavors, and he will lose business. There goes his dream.
That's a 50/50 chance. If you ask me, it's pretty risky to do that.

2) He puts up a survey outside his shop asking the community what kind of ice cream they like. Then with that feedback, he can go out and buy the flavors that people wanted, and everyone would be happy.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Now, the same situation applies here. I can either make whatever we want, or we can ask the community what they want. Let's put it into the same scenario:

1) I build whatever my friends and I want to build, and WE are happy. Either:
a) Everyone likes it, and we all get along with rainbow puppies and unicorns. Simple.
b) Nobody likes it, and the map is never voted for. The map never makes it to MCSG.
c) People vote for it, it wins, and it gets put into MCSG. Later, people decide it's a bad map, and it's never played again. The map gets removed.

2) I put up a poll, like this, and people send in their submissions for what they want. I take the feedback and make what has the most votes. Most people are happy about the map, some wish that the other options would've won. Let's say 70% like the map, and 30% don't like it. This means most of the time it will be voted, but when against other popular maps, it won't win. This prevents it from being overplayed. This is good.

This is why I have put the poll up. We don't want to make what we want, because nobody likes a selfish person.

BigBananaMC

Diamond
Reaction score
I agree, but look at the point of view of mine like this:

Someone wants to open up an ice cream shop somewhere, so he buys the building for his shop. Now, he has to make a decision: What kind of ice cream should he buy? There are 2 paths he can take:

1) He can buy whatever kind of ice cream he wants, but remember that there is only limited space in his store, so he will have to choose wisely, so he goes and buys random flavors. There is a catch to this, though. Either:
a) People really enjoy the flavors and keep coming back to the store.
b) People won't like the flavors, and he will lose business. There goes his dream.
That's a 50/50 chance. If you ask me, it's pretty risky to do that.

2) He puts up a survey outside his shop asking the community what kind of ice cream they like. Then with that feedback, he can go out and buy the flavors that people wanted, and everyone would be happy.
Now, the same situation applies here. I can either make whatever we want, or we can ask the community what they want. Let's put it into the same scenario:

1) I build whatever my friends and I want to build, and WE are happy. Either:
a) Everyone likes it, and we all get along with rainbow puppies and unicorns. Simple.
b) Nobody likes it, and the map is never voted for. The map never makes it to MCSG.
c) People vote for it, it wins, and it gets put into MCSG. Later, people decide it's a bad map, and it's never played again. The map gets removed.

2) I put up a poll, like this, and people send in their submissions for what they want. I take the feedback and make what has the most votes. Most people are happy about the map, some wish that the other options would've won. Let's say 70% like the map, and 30% don't like it. This means most of the time it will be voted, but when against other popular maps, it won't win. This prevents it from being overplayed. This is good.

This is why I have put the poll up. We don't want to make what we want, because nobody likes a selfish person.
What an interesting way to explain community decisions. :p

On another note, #VOTE 4 WORLD WAR III

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci