• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

What MCG needs to do to be alive and successful in a year.

arsenal

District 13
Reaction score
Seeing Forairan's video about the development of MCG over the last year since MCSG V2 came out, got me thinking about what MCSG needs to do in the next year to be successful.

The main thing would be to STOP growing. I know this sounds insane, but sometimes smaller is better. Currently MCG is growing at speeds it cannot handle. New game modes like Kit PVP, and QQ have recently been released, as MCG tries to expand. The thing is though, the developers cannot handle all these servers. Survival, MCTF2, Creative, and Zed Chase are all down, and Kit PVP is so laggy it is unplayable. So that is 3 out of 5 servers currently working. By the end of the next year, and hopefully sooner I want to see that 5/5 servers up before MCG expands more.

I know that MCSG will always be the priority. But, if MCG wants to last as long as possible, it needs other game modes to keep things fresh.

Just my opinion, bai.

Last edited:

Ben67482

Survivor
Reaction score
Yeah you are sort of right, they need to focus on what they've already got, such as Zed Chase and MCTF2. Rather than introduce new game modes such as QQ and kit pvp. Yes they are both good and I enjoy them but they should really fix their original gamemodes before introducing new ones.

ProHighJacker

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Its not that they can't handle it. It a a variety of demands from the new players joining the servers. Asking for MCG to stop, is like asking McDonalds to stop making new burgers and so forth, in which they wont do, they are always trying to please the generation of this day and age. MCG really shouldnt put the brakes on, personally I think they are doing great and should keep going.

Toa-Rex

Career
Reaction score
Its not that they can't handle it. It a a variety of demands from the new players joining the servers. Asking for MCG to stop, is like asking McDonalds to stop making new burgers and so forth, in which they wont do, they are always trying to please the generation of this day and age. MCG really shouldnt put the brakes on, personally I think they are doing great and should keep going.
couldn't say it better and zedchase and MCTF2 i think "think" being the keyword should be out soon

arsenal

District 13
Reaction score
Basically what I am saying, is don't make new burgers until you finish making the old ones.
couldn't say it better and zedchase and MCTF2 i think "think" being the keyword should be out soon
If you watched the video Forairan posted, you may notice zedchase and mctf2 have not been worked on since October. I don't think there is a chance it will be out soon.

MJM239

District 13
Reaction score
MCSG's done a lot as a gamemode, now it needs to do more as a network.

Yeah, most player demands are for MCSG changes, but if you have four servers, one of which hasn't been up in months, the other two constantly up and down, and one that hasn't even been released for like a year, it's a terrible comparison when comparing to other major networks much like Shotbow. How can any other changes be made when the only thing up is MCSG?

I don't yell at MCSG for much, really since their flaws are usually snapped right out of the air, and if they aren't it's usually not their fault, but they need to keep what they have now, and put some time into the rest of the server's gamemodes.

Intensebrawler

Experienced
Reaction score
Couldn't agree with you more. I was just on for the first time in months, and out of ALL the gamemodes there, the only one with people on it was Survival Games. As for SG Classic and KitPvP, I'm going to be straightforward and blunt: no one gives a sh*t. It makes me wonder: why is this even called the MCGamer "Network"? It isn't. Don't act like it is.
And as far as I can tell, you guys are wasting money on all these servers. Especially MCTF2, which was effectively killed by this "network."

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci