• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

what minecraft version do most of you pvper's use(1.7.2,1.7.10 etc.)? and also why?

Ceroria

Mockingjay
Reaction score
I use OptiFine Ultra with 1.7.10. I would use OptiFine with 1.8, however I don't like a few PvP related features that were added in with 1.8 such as the fact that it is harder to tell when you are hitting somebody, because only their interior body turns red, and the fishing rod I find rather weird. Also, I seem to get slightly worse FPS, and it just feels weird so I will stick to what I'm used to until forced to change because there is no significant advantage to using 1.8. I find that using 1.7.2, 1.7.4, 1.7.5, 1.79, or 1.7.10 should suit you just fine. If you use any other version of Minecraft to play on our network, expect some bugs (excluding 1.8, playing on 1.8 should be relatively bug-free).

Bob_Dib

Tribute
Reaction score
Hey Peeps, Bob_Dib here. I use 1.7.10 for many reasons that help me to be a good mcsg player.

#1 Texture Packs
Although some people don't use texture packs, most good pvpers use either pre-made or custom built texture packs. My favorite ones and the best ones (in my opinion) are in 1.7.10. It takes a lot of work for texture pack creators to update their packs to 1.8. The textures in 1.8 are buggy as well. My experience is that textures in 1.8 often are see through, or aren't the way they're supposed to look, especially on the sides of swords and fishing rods.
#2 Hit Markers
Hit Markers are also important in pvp. They show that you hit the player, helping you to judge how much health that player has, and to make good decisions. The Hit Markers in 1.7.10 show the entire body, armor and all, temporarily flash in red. However, in 1.8, only the body flashes red. Without the armor flashing red, it is harder to tell if you hit or not.
#3 Bugs and Optifine
Most pvpers use Optifine to speed up their system as well as adding the zoom feature. This helps players to judge the armor of people, and again whether or not they should attack. Optifine is available and perfected in 1.7.10, allowing the perfect addition to help pvp. Unfortunately, Optifine in 1.8 is buggy, and does not work well.

Thanks Peeps, and I hope this helps!
-Bob_Dib

Mooclan

Forum God
Reaction score
1.7.10 when on MCGamer.

This version of Minecraft has the least noticeable bugs out of all of the 1.7 versions, and most mods are updated for it.
1.8 is my second choice.

I personally use Shaders and OptiFine.
While OptiFine is updated for 1.8, it is still an early version.
Shaders Mod is not updated for 1.8, unfortunately. There is an alpha 1.8 version, but it is not compatible with OptiFine, and it still has very noticeable and weird bugs like textures having highly unusual lighting.

MCGamer's plugins and features are very compatible with 1.7.10 as of right now. The network does work with 1.8 fairly decently, but I've noticed that it prevents me from sprinting while flying in 1.8, and the fact that Shaders is not fully updated and OptiFine is still in it's early stages are factors which make me hesitant to play on 1.8, as I'm not making use of any of the features.

For an SMP like the one hosted by Ninetailefox92, I'm fine with playing on 1.8.
There are really cool new features brought by the 1.8 update which are quite interesting and fun. The Guardian Temples, new blocks, a wider variety of biomes... it's quite an adventure!
I'm willing to play this without Shaders, but I still am excited for a stable version of it to be released.

Ninetailefox92

District 13
Reaction score
I play in 1.8... for now it may be a disadvantage.. some of the hits seem not to register etc. but.. maybe.. just maybe this will give me an advantage when it fully transitions into 1.8 (p.s. I will always suck and 1.8 will not save me)

Mitch

Platinum
Reaction score
I play on 1.7.10 due to the reasons Mooclan stated. It has the least amount of bugs!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci