• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

What People Don't Understand About Donors.

Drearz

Spectator
Reaction score
I've heard a ton of complaints about donors - some of them from myself admittedly - and the kicking. Everyone's heard a ton of complaints, actually, haha. It can be frustrating being the first to join a server, or having less than 10 seconds left within a game and being kicked by a donor. It can be frustrating that the administration will just tell you to give them money so you can stop complaining, but guys, you gotta realize.

Servers ain't cheap at all, and the donors - d**** though some may be - actually do have a valid purpose. It's not their fault that the perk system is as it is. Heck, not even the staff's really. These servers are established so that there really isn't a ton different one could do. That leaves three options:

1. Staff has donations be just that - you give the money, you don't get any particular reward, because you're giving as charity, not purchasing kick rights. I think we all can agree that'd piss off some donors and prevent a lot of others from donating, so not the best idea.

2.Keep it as it is currently. Totally the easiest for donors, haha. I honestly don't mind this one too much, though the servers really shouldn't be considered F2P at this point, as servers 1-5 are almost constantly filled with solely donors. If the only guaranteed spot is a paid one, the game isn't truly free to play by normal standards.

3.The non-donors that don't want to get kicked just play somewhere else. Actually my fave option. If you get tired of being kicked all day - and no "being smart about joining" does not change the fact that a non-donor can be first to join and still get kicked - just go to a different game. Mc-hg is fine, and it has a kit system that I honestly consider to be better than this one anyway. "Oooh, but it's pay to win" Not really. Won several games with the cycling free kits myself, and I suck, haha. If you don't want to dish out a few bucks for the server, and you hate being kicked, I'd honestly just recommend you go there, as you don't get kicked at all, haha.

I know there's threads on this, but the current sticky one or whatever is just a "give us money and stop whining" kinda thing. I mean, the staff is not going to do the first of these three since it would lower donations, anyway, but it is worth noting that could've been the case.

Mamiamato24

Diamond
Reaction score
While I do agree with you, there is nothing that can be done about the donor system. It will remain the way it is. If there were no perks, and people were to donate to the servers as charity, MCSG would not make nearly enough money. I know you mentioned that the servers aren't cheap, but it's ironic that later on you mentioned the 'give us money and stop whining' thread that is nonexistent.
The system will prevail the way it is. It sucks for people that can't donate, or that won't donate, but honestly you're making a big deal out of a small situation! You just need to practice proper joining tactics, such as not joining the low-numbered servers, join during cleanup, and so on. There are tons of threads out there that help non-donors get in games so I strongly recommend you reading one of them.
And please do not advertise other servers because it is against the rules on our forums. Look, if you care this much about getting kicked out of a lobby, then why not donate? It not only gives you perks, but you're also supporting a good cause. I didn't donate because I can't and I rarely get kicked out of servers so this is not a problem for me.

Ultraviolence

Experienced
Reaction score
It'd be nice if it pick someone random in the lobby to kick, instead of the last person who joined, that way this player actually has a chance at staying.

Drearz

Spectator
Reaction score
The advertisement is really more beneficial than anything; if someone isn't going to donate to keep the server running, it would be better for the server that they take up space elsewhere.

And joining tactics? Bluh, for some people with crap ISP's - and there's nothing that can be done about that on this end, as the ISP has a monopoly in my town - even joining during cleanup gets you in late enough to be at risk of being kicked.

And having to recommend a guide to help get into a game because you don't pay to play is well, counterproductive in saying it's really f2p.

Don't get me wrong, the servers are alright, and those that donate/get decent play times have every right yo enjoy them! It's just that the kick system seemed to work better/ be the source of less frustration when these servers were still newish. Now that they're big people are having to be told if they don't give money to the server, they should do this and that and avoid entire servers to get a better shot at playing.

BlitzCometITU

Diamond
Reaction score
I think donor privileges should be completely nerfed, the point of donating isn't supposed to be GIMME KICK PRIVILEGES NAO! No, the privileges are a gift, and that's what people don't get. Yeah, sure, less people will donate, and the servers will go down so this will never happen, but it would teach people a lesson.

Drearz

Spectator
Reaction score
Glad to hear an actual sponsor saying that.
A non-donor would be met with either "poor" insults or "whiner" lol

ShaunDepro

Mockingjay
Reaction score
though the servers really shouldn't be considered F2P at this point, as servers 1-5 are almost constantly filled with solely donors. If the only guaranteed spot is a paid one, the game isn't truly free to play by normal standards.
That's why we have 100 other servers, proudly sponsored by donators.

MrLawless

Spectator
Reaction score
That's why we have 100 other servers, proudly sponsored by donators.

This. This. This. You guys are almost all non donors. Meaning you play on these servers and contribute nothing towards their funding. You are complaining about a service/experience you do not pay for. How ungrateful.

I understand if you can't afford to donate or whatever. That's fine and there have been times where I wouldn't have been able to donate too. The point is though that we who do donate are the ones keeping these servers alive so you guys who do not pay can continue to play for free.

Drearz

Spectator
Reaction score
But when you have those that do donate directly capable of making it so that those that don't are /booted from the server/ you make it counterproductive. That's just a fact.

TheInforcerHD

Platinum
Reaction score
We actually just added 25 more servers to the US network an hour ago. The staff are trying their best to add more servers and help the non-donors so they can play but the donor system will not be changed. I know how frustrating it is, you probably think you're a moderator how would you know? But I was a non donor from August to March, trying to find games were even more tough back then. I know you probably heard this many times but some tips on joining servers that helped me were playing in a less busy time such as at night time and joining the higher number servers ( as we've added 25 more). Hope this helps.

ShaunDepro

Mockingjay
Reaction score
But when you have those that do donate directly capable of making it so that those that don't are /booted from the server/ you make it counterproductive. That's just a fact.
Well with it now, production is at a whole time high.

Drearz

Spectator
Reaction score
But that doesn't change the fact that a kicking perk says "Since you care so much about supporting these servers so that not everyone has to pay, we'll give you the ability to eject people that don't pay! Thanks for donating."
Donations don't entitle you to anything. That's not what they are for. Just call them memberships and state that full service is for members only. Saying you're a donor - and that just happens to give you the only guaranteed play time - is misleading.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci