• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

What terrain features should I add for a moon style map?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jellywish

Tribute
Reaction score
Not really. You could just make a flat wall really far away (very top of the map) that is supposed to be earth!

Not resource demanding, that's what creative mode and WE + VS + MCEdit are for.
I meants resource demanding in terms of gameplay. more blocks to load. but yeah flat wall would be optimal.

Hiblomina

Spectator
Reaction score
Yeah, I kind of figured that the idea was a bit far-fetched as I was writing it. If you wanted something up there while using less blocks you could add satellites or something.
Again with another unrealistic idea, you could try to put a face somewhere in the moon (Man in the moon).

Maglorix

Spectator
Reaction score
Gravel would be a good ground texture but to make it realistic you could fill the whole place with water except for moon bases that you can find and in them you should be able to find helmets that have respiration enchantments on them so you can breath longer outside of the moon bases.

HalfSquirrel

Diamond
Reaction score
Not a terrain feature, but maybe you could have a rocket/shuttle/rover/other spaces things/all of the above and they could be accessible and there would be chests inside and stuff :) I think that would be fun.

Hiblomina

Spectator
Reaction score
Not a terrain feature, but maybe you could have a rocket/shuttle/rover/other spaces things/all of the above and they could be accessible and there would be chests inside and stuff :) I think that would be fun.
I like this idea, but how would you get to them?

cheezstiks

Experienced
Reaction score
A completely obliterated rover convoy that was going after some kind of moon species or something. :D

nobody1313

Tribute
Reaction score
Moon trees could have bedrock leaves or something. That'd look good for the moon. I think that, for some reason, a corn with tons of traps would be great on this map.

cheezstiks

Experienced
Reaction score
What if the corn was in some sort of bio-dome? With loads of plant life that could be slowy decaying due to holes in the dome to get out of the corn and into the map. :p

Teije

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
a crashed rocket or somethins, or an UFO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci