• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

What the heck happened to the community?!

DO you think the community needs a change?

• Yes.

Votes: 41 53.2%
  • No, the community is fine the way it is.

Votes: 4 5.2%
  • Somewhat, we can make a few changes.

Votes: 32 41.6%

• Total voters

AwesomnessFace

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Just throwing this out there, anyone who wants an illegitimate copy of fraps (recording software) 5mb, not a big file. I have it on mediafire, just send me a message for the link.
I'd actually like that, but please don't discuss this on a community problems thread.

Boboaluitz

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Care to make a tldr? Because I don't want to have to read it for 2 hours :p
tldr;
Youtube is getting flooded by new and obnoxiously famous people, and being a Youtuber is hard.

Then he goes on to explain his troubles with Moderators and NCP, where they spoke to him like a new player. He explained that hackers hide in NCP and that theory was denied by Mods, but now they agree. And he linked a reason to hackers:
These idiots.

Next, he tells a story of a kid who swore on the bible (in a video) that he never has hacked, and the 'evidence' video appeared to just be lag, and people refused to unban him.

He then goes on to explain old noobs vs. new noobs, where old noobs used to be all about having fun, and new noobs are kids who like 'trolling' and are 'baccas' and enjoy name calling a little bit too much, and the rage against them in his mind.

Then he realizes a few things:

Okay so I realize that this is an insanely long post, but just think of it this way, this is my "I QUIT!" outgoing speech. Now I realize that it is not in Chad's power to get rid of new players as that would be fairly rude, but I do think some new rules need to be set up when MCSG V2 is realesed.... just saying... (btw this post took me 4 hours to type.)

Still long, but a much shorter version. I had time.

ManOfTheBread

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
tldr;
Youtube is getting flooded by new and obnoxiously famous people, and being a Youtuber is hard.

Then he goes on to explain his troubles with Moderators and NCP, where they spoke to him like a new player. He explained that hackers hide in NCP and that theory was denied by Mods, but now they agree. And he linked a reason to hackers:
These idiots.

Next, he tells a story of a kid who swore on the bible (in a video) that he never has hacked, and the 'evidence' video appeared to just be lag, and people refused to unban him.

He then goes on to explain old noobs vs. new noobs, where old noobs used to be all about having fun, and new noobs are kids who like 'trolling' and are 'baccas' and enjoy name calling a little bit too much, and the rage against them in his mind.

Then he realizes a few things:

Still long, but a much shorter version. I had time.
Couldn't have said it better myself xD

AwesomnessFace

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Yep, the community has lost one of it's long time veteran ( <-------- that guy) thanks to bacca's, hacker's, and I will admit I USED TO LOVE THE NOOB COMMUNITY! But thanks to the fact that someone want's to make a Survival Games youtube channel EVERY DAY!!!! Now MCSG is getting so much exposure, which means more noobs. THAT IT'S TOO MUCH!

Just an fyi, (take it from the 4th guy ever to create a dedicated MCSG channel before this youtube explosion) YOUTUBEING GETS DIFFICULT! IT TAKES UP YOUR ENTIRE LIFE! COMMENT AFTER COMMENT! RANDOM PEOPLE WANTING YOU TO SUBSCRIBE TO THEIR FRIENDS! A SKYPE REQUEST EVERY DAY! FLAME WARS IN THE COMMENTS! PEOPLE WHO YOU DIDN'T EVEN KNOW EXISTED ADDING YOU AS A CONTACT! HARASSMENT'S FROM PEOPLE WHO YOU HAD PREVIOUSLY REPORTED FOR HACKING, SPAMMING, AND BEING JUST PLAIN RUDE! I WILL ADMIT NATE, BLAMPH, AND BAJAN ALL MAKE IT LOOK SO EASY, BUT IT'S NOT! PEOPLE UNSUBSCRIBE TO YOU IF YOU DON'T PUT UP LIKE 2 VIDEOS A DAY! AND LET'S BE REAL, UNLESS YOUTUBE IS YOUR JOB, THAN IT'S PRACTICALLY IMPOSSIBLE TO PUT OUT SO MANY VIDEOS!

Okay my apologies, look what the community as done, it has turned one of it's most patient players, into a person who is insane! But onto my next topic... hackers.

I remember back when we all hated NCP and I had created a thread about how NCP is just making it harder to report hackers and easier for hackers to hide. Every time I created a thread like that, it lasted about 3 days before all of the moderators had their chance at saying something before it was locked. And this is the comments they had given me "You have absolutely no idea how much NCP is helping you. If it wasn't for NCP than their would be a countless amount of hackers. There was a time back when NCP did not exist on these servers, and there were hackers everywhere.". What I wanted to say : "OK LOOK IT, I HAVE MOST LIKELY BEEN AROUND IN THE COMMUNITY WAAAYYYY LONGER THAN YOU! AND I CAN TELL YOU THIS RIGHT NOW, THERE WAS AT MOST A HACKER EVERY 40 ROUNDS WHICH WHEN YOU THINK ABOUT IT THAT IS NOT A LOT! ALSO TO MENTION NO CHEAT PLUS IS JUST HIDING HACKERS WHICH IS ALLOWING THEM TO GET AWAY WITH HACKING, AND MAKING IT THAT MUCH HARDER TO BAN PEOPLE, WHEN HACKERS KNOW THEY CAN HIDE UNDER NCP THEN THEY TELL THEIR FRIENDS, THEREFORE MORE HACKERS, WHO TELL THEIR FRIENDS, AND SO FORTH." What I really said: " :rolleyes: " ONE OF THE MAIN CAUSES THAT HAD CAUSE THE INSANE AMOUNT OF HACKERS, IS ITSJERRYANDHARRY, AND IT'S NOT THAT CHANNEL THAT'S CAUSING THE HACKERS, IT'S THIS CHANNEL. MORE SPECIFICALLY VIDEOS LIKETHIS. JUST LOOK AT SOME OF THOSE COMMENTS! I HAVE BEEN ON TO THESE GUYS SINCE THESE VIDEOS FIRST CAME OUT. NOW WHENEVER IT'S A TOPIC ABOUT NCP A MODERATOR WILL ALWAYS TELL ME "Oh NCP wasn't that good, it made it difficult for people to pvp, and it's been allowing hackers to hide in the servers making it easier to hack and harder to report." Me: o_o . This leads me into my next topic, moderators....

Before anyone begins to argue with me on this statement, this is about some of the moderators, not all of the moderators. This will probably be my shortest topic as it's somewhat rare where I see stuff like this. Okay so I've noticed in some threads that some moderators like to exploit the idea that they are perfect and you are not. Now of course they don't come out and say " WE ARE PERFECT AND YOU ARE WRONG!" but SOME of them do a good job at making themselves feel good. Let me give you an example (and this actually happens) in a ban dispute put public in the wrong place, a person puts their hand on the bible in a homemade video and swears to God that they do not and hack and never will. But the moderators who had replied in that thread basically only cared about the fact that this makes them look bad. Some of the comments in which I had seen involved "WE ARE NOT THAT DUMB!" " WE LOOKED OVER THE EVIDENCE MANY TIMES!" "US MODERATORS KNOW WHAT WE ARE DOING!" " WE KNOW WHAT HACKING LOOKS LIKE, AND THAT WAS DEFINITELY HACKS!" (when it clearly was not as this was recorded on the day of the major lag fest.) So as you can clearly see from some of these comments, the moderators did not handle the situation well and didn't really do their job which was to let the person know that this ban dispute is in the wrong place. Since they decided to handle the dispute right there, this is what they should have done and it is indeed stated in the bible. Proverbs 3:27 Withhold not good from them to whom it is due, when it is in the power of thy hand to do it. IT SAYS RIGHT THERE IN THE BIBLE!!!! UN-BAN HIM!!! STOP WORRYING ABOUT YOURSELF!!! HE HAS DONE HIS GOOD WHICH WAS HIM PUTTING HIS HAND ON THE BIBLE. NOW YOU HAVE TO DO YOUR GOOD WHICH IS TO UN-BAN HIM!!! So clearly I was disgusted by this, and was in fact going to make a video about this before I decided to keep it secret, and now since I'm basically quitting, why not let it out.

On to my final topic, the noobs. When playing MCSG back in the day noobs were just there to say "TEAM!" and have you kill them off later in the round, and I will admit I enjoyed being a noob, and I enjoyed having noobs in the round, because the noobs were usually 7 year old's who don't even know what the word Cornucopia means. They were nice to you, they congratulated you when you won, and would be fascinated by the fact that you could kill a team of three. I felt good playing MCSG, the community was so friendly, there really wasn't much of a thing called enemies because we all knew it was just a game, and we would be happy (unless you were winning 5 times a day) if we even finished like 10th. It was more strategic, it felt like, well, the hunger games. But noooowwww....... "BACCA'S UNITE!!!" " YOUR GOING DOWN" " YOUR A HACKER!!" " YOU SUCK!!!" I'M GOING TO REPORT YOU!!!" "MIAMI YOUR A NERD!!" " MIAMI STFU!!!" " MIAMI GTFO, I DONT EVEN NO WHO U R YOU PROBABLY JUST SUM NOOB WHOS ONLY BEN PLAYIN FOR 1 WEEK!!" Me in my head: YOUR THE NOOB!!! I'VE BEEN AROUND FOREVER, I BET YOU DON'T EVEN KNOW WHAT A FREAKING SPIDER ARMY IS, OR THAT THERE USED TO BE HOSTILE MOBS, OR THAT SG 2 IS NOT A NEW MAP, OR THAT TIER TWO'S USED TO NEVER EXIST, OR THAT FULL DIAMOND ARMOR IS POSSIBLE, OR THAT 50 WINS IS NOT A LOT, OR THAT SG 4 IS NOT THE OLDEST MAP, OR THAT YOU CAN'T EVEN EVEN SPELL RIGHT OR USE PROPER GRAMMAR!!!! Me on the outside: MiamiSalcedo12 has left the server.

Okay so I realize that this is an insanely long post, but just think of it this way, this is my "I QUIT!" outgoing speech. Now I realize that it is not in Chad's power to get rid of new players as that would be fairly rude, but I do think some new rules need to be set up when MCSG V2 is realesed.... just saying... (btw this post took me 4 hours to type.)
B-E-A-utiful. As an active forum member, I think differently than some. And this thread came out because I was sick and tired of all these hackers, baccas, etc. every round when I say someone Is hacking (and they are) this is how someone replies- "Awesomness stfu you just suck at PvP." "Awesomness shutup I'm skyping him." "You just have no life you're just a creepy adult who stalks kids in mcsg." Okay, that right there is the reason I'm quitting when my donor runs out. People hacking pretty obviously. Me getting harassed constantly. Donors being idiots. Even mods don't like some members, and when they make a clear ban dispute, they uphold their ban. It really sucks when you don't hack or something and you're banned for bad video evidence. Even though some people are just lagging ad appear to be hacking, people, even me when I'm mad, will accuse. But accusations don't affect anyone, just ignore it. But when people harass you, you can't just drop out or else they'll bump into you again and keep going. The community quality is really sucky right now and needs to be fixed.
~AwesomnessFace

G33ke

Community Engagement Team Representative
Reaction score
Yep, the community has lost one of it's long time veteran ( <-------- that guy) thanks to bacca's, hacker's, and I will admit I USED TO LOVE THE NOOB COMMUNITY! But thanks to the fact that someone want's to make a Survival Games youtube channel EVERY DAY!!!! Now MCSG is getting so much exposure, which means more noobs. THAT IT'S TOO MUCH!

Just an fyi, (take it from the 4th guy ever to create a dedicated MCSG channel before this youtube explosion) YOUTUBEING GETS DIFFICULT! IT TAKES UP YOUR ENTIRE LIFE! COMMENT AFTER COMMENT! RANDOM PEOPLE WANTING YOU TO SUBSCRIBE TO THEIR FRIENDS! A SKYPE REQUEST EVERY DAY! FLAME WARS IN THE COMMENTS! PEOPLE WHO YOU DIDN'T EVEN KNOW EXISTED ADDING YOU AS A CONTACT! HARASSMENT'S FROM PEOPLE WHO YOU HAD PREVIOUSLY REPORTED FOR HACKING, SPAMMING, AND BEING JUST PLAIN RUDE! I WILL ADMIT NATE, BLAMPH, AND BAJAN ALL MAKE IT LOOK SO EASY, BUT IT'S NOT! PEOPLE UNSUBSCRIBE TO YOU IF YOU DON'T PUT UP LIKE 2 VIDEOS A DAY! AND LET'S BE REAL, UNLESS YOUTUBE IS YOUR JOB, THAN IT'S PRACTICALLY IMPOSSIBLE TO PUT OUT SO MANY VIDEOS!

Okay my apologies, look what the community as done, it has turned one of it's most patient players, into a person who is insane! But onto my next topic... hackers.

I remember back when we all hated NCP and I had created a thread about how NCP is just making it harder to report hackers and easier for hackers to hide. Every time I created a thread like that, it lasted about 3 days before all of the moderators had their chance at saying something before it was locked. And this is the comments they had given me "You have absolutely no idea how much NCP is helping you. If it wasn't for NCP than their would be a countless amount of hackers. There was a time back when NCP did not exist on these servers, and there were hackers everywhere.". What I wanted to say : "OK LOOK IT, I HAVE MOST LIKELY BEEN AROUND IN THE COMMUNITY WAAAYYYY LONGER THAN YOU! AND I CAN TELL YOU THIS RIGHT NOW, THERE WAS AT MOST A HACKER EVERY 40 ROUNDS WHICH WHEN YOU THINK ABOUT IT THAT IS NOT A LOT! ALSO TO MENTION NO CHEAT PLUS IS JUST HIDING HACKERS WHICH IS ALLOWING THEM TO GET AWAY WITH HACKING, AND MAKING IT THAT MUCH HARDER TO BAN PEOPLE, WHEN HACKERS KNOW THEY CAN HIDE UNDER NCP THEN THEY TELL THEIR FRIENDS, THEREFORE MORE HACKERS, WHO TELL THEIR FRIENDS, AND SO FORTH." What I really said: " :rolleyes: " ONE OF THE MAIN CAUSES THAT HAD CAUSE THE INSANE AMOUNT OF HACKERS, IS ITSJERRYANDHARRY, AND IT'S NOT THAT CHANNEL THAT'S CAUSING THE HACKERS, IT'S THIS CHANNEL. MORE SPECIFICALLY VIDEOS LIKETHIS. JUST LOOK AT SOME OF THOSE COMMENTS! I HAVE BEEN ON TO THESE GUYS SINCE THESE VIDEOS FIRST CAME OUT. NOW WHENEVER IT'S A TOPIC ABOUT NCP A MODERATOR WILL ALWAYS TELL ME "Oh NCP wasn't that good, it made it difficult for people to pvp, and it's been allowing hackers to hide in the servers making it easier to hack and harder to report." Me: o_o . This leads me into my next topic, moderators....

Before anyone begins to argue with me on this statement, this is about some of the moderators, not all of the moderators. This will probably be my shortest topic as it's somewhat rare where I see stuff like this. Okay so I've noticed in some threads that some moderators like to exploit the idea that they are perfect and you are not. Now of course they don't come out and say " WE ARE PERFECT AND YOU ARE WRONG!" but SOME of them do a good job at making themselves feel good. Let me give you an example (and this actually happens) in a ban dispute put public in the wrong place, a person puts their hand on the bible in a homemade video and swears to God that they do not and hack and never will. But the moderators who had replied in that thread basically only cared about the fact that this makes them look bad. Some of the comments in which I had seen involved "WE ARE NOT THAT DUMB!" " WE LOOKED OVER THE EVIDENCE MANY TIMES!" "US MODERATORS KNOW WHAT WE ARE DOING!" " WE KNOW WHAT HACKING LOOKS LIKE, AND THAT WAS DEFINITELY HACKS!" (when it clearly was not as this was recorded on the day of the major lag fest.) So as you can clearly see from some of these comments, the moderators did not handle the situation well and didn't really do their job which was to let the person know that this ban dispute is in the wrong place. Since they decided to handle the dispute right there, this is what they should have done and it is indeed stated in the bible. Proverbs 3:27 Withhold not good from them to whom it is due, when it is in the power of thy hand to do it. IT SAYS RIGHT THERE IN THE BIBLE!!!! UN-BAN HIM!!! STOP WORRYING ABOUT YOURSELF!!! HE HAS DONE HIS GOOD WHICH WAS HIM PUTTING HIS HAND ON THE BIBLE. NOW YOU HAVE TO DO YOUR GOOD WHICH IS TO UN-BAN HIM!!! So clearly I was disgusted by this, and was in fact going to make a video about this before I decided to keep it secret, and now since I'm basically quitting, why not let it out.

On to my final topic, the noobs. When playing MCSG back in the day noobs were just there to say "TEAM!" and have you kill them off later in the round, and I will admit I enjoyed being a noob, and I enjoyed having noobs in the round, because the noobs were usually 7 year old's who don't even know what the word Cornucopia means. They were nice to you, they congratulated you when you won, and would be fascinated by the fact that you could kill a team of three. I felt good playing MCSG, the community was so friendly, there really wasn't much of a thing called enemies because we all knew it was just a game, and we would be happy (unless you were winning 5 times a day) if we even finished like 10th. It was more strategic, it felt like, well, the hunger games. But noooowwww....... "BACCA'S UNITE!!!" " YOUR GOING DOWN" " YOUR A HACKER!!" " YOU SUCK!!!" I'M GOING TO REPORT YOU!!!" "MIAMI YOUR A NERD!!" " MIAMI STFU!!!" " MIAMI GTFO, I DONT EVEN NO WHO U R YOU PROBABLY JUST SUM NOOB WHOS ONLY BEN PLAYIN FOR 1 WEEK!!" Me in my head: YOUR THE NOOB!!! I'VE BEEN AROUND FOREVER, I BET YOU DON'T EVEN KNOW WHAT A FREAKING SPIDER ARMY IS, OR THAT THERE USED TO BE HOSTILE MOBS, OR THAT SG 2 IS NOT A NEW MAP, OR THAT TIER TWO'S USED TO NEVER EXIST, OR THAT FULL DIAMOND ARMOR IS POSSIBLE, OR THAT 50 WINS IS NOT A LOT, OR THAT SG 4 IS NOT THE OLDEST MAP, OR THAT YOU CAN'T EVEN EVEN SPELL RIGHT OR USE PROPER GRAMMAR!!!! Me on the outside: MiamiSalcedo12 has left the server.

I only just saw this now, it's been up for days...lol.

Well, to start, that's a lot of caps by the way. :p I understand you were upset/frustrated when making that post, but it was a bit of an eye sore to see it. >.>

Anyway, I have some comments I want to make real quick...I hope you understand my points of view/advice here:

Character limit. I'll have to double post. >.> Give me a sec.

G33ke

Reaction score
I advise being a bit more "secretive" about your skype. Giving your fans what your skype is called will cause you lots of spam of them sending requests. Comments can be read, but they don't have to be replied to if you don't want to. I rarely see a popular youtuber reply to the comments in their videos for this very reason - it's simply not possible to reply to everyone over time, and you'll learn that. Simply ignore the people asking for you to subscribe - no use responding to everyone if you get it so often. Harassment can be dealt with by staff with reports. And don't put up 2 videos a day for the people who subscribed to stay there. If they won't be patient enough to wait for the video it takes so much effort to make, well then let it be. Your subscribers should be people who are happy with when you decide to upload videos, whether it be once a day, or once a week...don't let your subscribers control you and push you around. Uploading videos should be fun, not work. Listen to them, but don't let them control your every move, or you will find yourself having too much on your plate.
I guess my advice is to not try to work so hard on your youtube channel. You're stressing yourself out with it. There comes a time when you simply need to take a step back and tell yourself you need to stop. Stop looking through all the pointless comment flamewars, stop taking the time to reply to the comments/contact requests on skype, (which you shouldn't give your subscribers your skype, you will be spammed with those things.) stop stressing yourself out with 2 videos a day...I know it may sound like I'm nagging that you're doing it all wrong, but I'm honestly trying to give advice to help keep you from being so stressed out from it. I can tell you are, and I have a feeling it's not entirely MCSG's/the communities fault.

NCP never helped hackers hide their hacks. NCP stopped them from trying. It was a gamble whether they worked or not, so they simply stopped trying and played legitly. Whenever somebody did hack, honestly, it was blatantly obvious still. Sadly, the moment NCP was fixed, the hackers poured in, and that's when we got the problem we have today... (Well, and there's other factors I won't go into detail about causing it...)

I don't know where in the world you heard a mod say that NCP helped hackers hide...it never did. As for the issues NCP caused - it's true, it kinda sucked and made it next to impossible to PvP unless you knew how. That's why it was fixed. It wasn't that great, it's true, but unlike everybody says, NCP wasn't removed (to my knowledge.) just tweaked/fixed...NCP is just fine now, if we had removed it or reverted it, the huge amount of hackers that would have came in is ridiculous. (There is still a lot now, but it would have been worse. We couldn't have done much of anything to fix the problem sooner. It's not that we realized you were right - we always knew it was a pain in the butt, but it stopped hackers and was needed until the fix came.)

G33ke

Reaction score
Consider this...when we don't want ourselves looking bad, why do you think that is? Well, what's your thought process right now on the staff and how does that make you feel? Do you like how the staff handled it?

Let's put this in perspective...

You, in what really happened: "I don't like how the staff handled that...I don't like that staff member" And your current self "I'm leaving, and here's my big post as to why and various issues...I don't like the way staff always handles things."

Everyone else if he was unbanned: "That guy made a homemade video where he puts his hand on the bible and swears to god and gets unbanned for it? That's no fair. They must be religious and aren't treating users fairly because of it [insert rant here]."

We want to look good so users don't leave for how "bad" we are. Sadly, not everyone will agree with our decisions, no matter which ones we make, and honestly, this was the better decision. Not only did he not deserve to be unbanned, but unbanning him would have looked really bad in the eyes of pretty much everyone else and defamed the staff more than necessary.

Now that's not to say we're perfect or always make the right decisions. Some staff members have made decisions in the past that I do not particularly agree with. There have been times where the wrongdoings of staff make their way into the public...and this bothers me. We have good reasons for trying to hide these wrong doings - it's not because we want to look big and mighty like we never make mistakes and are the greatest people, no...we don't want users getting the wrong ideas and leaving. In some threads like these, I've seen users blame the whole staff for these issues when in reality it was a single mod making one mistake. Sadly, the mistake of one mod can make some other users really afraid of being banned falsely or otherwise they'll leave for reasons like a "bad staff"...the thing that bothers me most about this is that these users don't feel like they can just sit down and play a game. They are in constant worry of being banned...I don't like that.

This is why we as staff tell people they'll never be falsely banned and have nothing to worry about, as if we were "perfect". It's true, the chances of a false ban happening aren't really that great, but when they do happen, of course the falsely banned user will be upset and likely to want to tell the world. The threads you see on falsely banned users are from the few who probably were, it is really rare. (Unless of course they were hacking, sometimes users who were hacking make a thread anyway, but occasionally a false ban will happen from time to time, I admit.)

We tell people to have nothing to worry about to make their MCSG experience a fun one. We want you guys to have a fun time, not in constant worry of false bans. Worrying about them won't stop them from happening, and the chances are so low anyway...

The other statements you said we made also have good reasoning: We assure users we looked over the evidence many times to make sure they understand we actually care about the issue and didn't glance at it and make a hasty decision. We also tell people we know what we are doing and are experienced to assure them that we've been here long enough to tell the difference between hacks and lag, etc...we aren't bragging or being egotistical or anything, we are simply trying to put you in the state of mind that there is nothing to worry about to avoid chaos and so you guys can have your fun.

Sadly, the noobs are something that must be ignored. "/chat off" is a good command for this. :p If you see people harassing people, being rude, etc...feel free to report them. Sadly, we can't do much about other annoyances like bacca's being bacca's. You'll have to put up with that...be thankful the forum the community is still nice for now. Sadly, the community cannot be fully fixed on servers this big, it's just not possible. You'll just have to ignore them, sadly. :/

I'd put a TL;DR here, but my post is so all over the place that I won't bother.

I don't mean to offend you in any way, I'm just trying to clarify a few things and give some tips.

I had to triple post to fit that all...wat. I know most of it was quotes, but still...I just made the longest reply in this forums history, beating the last one by 20000 characters. >.>

Edit: Seems some of my revisions on this post, like a paragraph or two, isn't here anymore. I must have lost it in all the copy pasting I did. :p Wasn't super important anyway, no big deal.

_UlyssesGrant

Tribute
Reaction score
Consider this...when we don't want ourselves looking bad, why do you think that is? Well, what's your thought process right now on the staff and how does that make you feel? Do you like how the staff handled it?

Let's put this in perspective...

You, in what really happened: "I don't like how the staff handled that...I don't like that staff member" And your current self "I'm leaving, and here's my big post as to why and various issues...I don't like the way staff always handles things."

Everyone else if he was unbanned: "That guy made a homemade video where he puts his hand on the bible and swears to god and gets unbanned for it? That's no fair. They must be religious and aren't treating users fairly because of it [insert rant here]."

We want to look good so users don't leave for how "bad" we are. Sadly, not everyone will agree with our decisions, no matter which ones we make, and honestly, this was the better decision. Not only did he not deserve to be unbanned, but unbanning him would have looked really bad in the eyes of pretty much everyone else and defamed the staff more than necessary.

Now that's not to say we're perfect or always make the right decisions. Some staff members have made decisions in the past that I do not particularly agree with. There have been times where the wrongdoings of staff make their way into the public...and this bothers me. We have good reasons for trying to hide these wrong doings - it's not because we want to look big and mighty like we never make mistakes and are the greatest people, no...we don't want users getting the wrong ideas and leaving. In some threads like these, I've seen users blame the whole staff for these issues when in reality it was a single mod making one mistake. Sadly, the mistake of one mod can make some other users really afraid of being banned falsely or otherwise they'll leave for reasons like a "bad staff"...the thing that bothers me most about this is that these users don't feel like they can just sit down and play a game. They are in constant worry of being banned...I don't like that.

This is why we as staff tell people they'll never be falsely banned and have nothing to worry about, as if we were "perfect". It's true, the chances of a false ban happening aren't really that great, but when they do happen, of course the falsely banned user will be upset and likely to want to tell the world. The threads you see on falsely banned users are from the few who probably were, it is really rare. (Unless of course they were hacking, sometimes users who were hacking make a thread anyway, but occasionally a false ban will happen from time to time, I admit.)

We tell people to have nothing to worry about to make their MCSG experience a fun one. We want you guys to have a fun time, not in constant worry of false bans. Worrying about them won't stop them from happening, and the chances are so low anyway...

The other statements you said we made also have good reasoning: We assure users we looked over the evidence many times to make sure they understand we actually care about the issue and didn't glance at it and make a hasty decision. We also tell people we know what we are doing and are experienced to assure them that we've been here long enough to tell the difference between hacks and lag, etc...we aren't bragging or being egotistical or anything, we are simply trying to put you in the state of mind that there is nothing to worry about to avoid chaos and so you guys can have your fun.

Sadly, the noobs are something that must be ignored. "/chat off" is a good command for this. :p If you see people harassing people, being rude, etc...feel free to report them. Sadly, we can't do much about other annoyances like bacca's being bacca's. You'll have to put up with that...be thankful the forum the community is still nice for now. Sadly, the community cannot be fully fixed on servers this big, it's just not possible. You'll just have to ignore them, sadly. :/

I'd put a TL;DR here, but my post is so all over the place that I won't bother.

I don't mean to offend you in any way, I'm just trying to clarify a few things and give some tips.

I had to triple post to fit that all...wat. I know most of it was quotes, but still...I just made the longest reply in this forums history, beating the last one by 20000 characters. >.>

Edit: Seems some of my revisions on this post, like a paragraph or two, isn't here anymore. I must have lost it in all the copy pasting I did. :p Wasn't super important anyway, no big deal.
Stop typing so much Lordie Jezuz

G33ke

Reaction score
Yeah.... my apologies on that xD not one of my proudest moments...
Don't worry about it. :p You're not in any trouble (at least not by me.) and I understand why you did it. (even though I don't think you really needed to do it. :/)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci