• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Guide What to do when you see a hacker

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mustache Man

Career
Reaction score
Ok so lately i have been getting spammed with my initiation of becoming a mod and a lot of people say oh look a hacker! Ban him! This is what you should do if you see a hacker.
1) Contact a staff member immediately.
2) Start recording the said hacker.
3) If a mod couldn't make it, please show them the video. If you do not have a video provide them with the hacker's IGN.
4) Keep calm.

It is really frustrating when a billion people say hacker at once and then ban them and such. Just tell us who and we will deal with it. Also, if we join and you say to ban a person because they are hacking, at least have some evidence. We can't just ban a someone on the word of one person saying they are a hacker.
Also, if you see a hacker, don't announce they are a hacker to everyone. Just tell a mod. If the said hacker heard you yell in chat that he was a hacker, he could just turn off his hacks and we would never catch him. We need to be able to catch them so it is best if you alert only the staff. If you don't know how to contact a mod, tell us on here or poke/ message us on the Teamspeak : ts.mcsg.in
Thanks for reading this guide and I hope it informs you a bit on what you should do. Also, please don't hack guys. ^_^

-Chaotic_Star

CAmadeusA

District 13
Reaction score
I Approve this Post.

On a related note, should you find a hacker in game, and a moderator is not around at the moment, check the Teamspeak at ts.mcsg.in and someone will help you!

toby22

District 13
Reaction score
I Approve this Post.

On a related note, should you find a hacker in game, and a moderator is not around at the moment, check the Teamspeak at ts.mcsg.in and someone will help you!
What if you don't have ts...

Mustache Man

Career
Reaction score
If you don't have Teamspeak then you should really download it. Teamspeak 3 is very useful and it is completely free to download.

Aeruner

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
If you don't have access to Teamspeak, you can always message an active staff member on the forums. Of course, you most likely won't receive assistance as fast as you would if you requested it over Teamspeak, but it still helps if you give us the names of any hackers you may encounter so we can note them down for future reference.

Amzela

Platinum
Reaction score
If you do not have a recording device:
There are plenty of free ones to be found around the internet. Try to get them legally. For example, Bandicam and Fraps have a free version for PC and Quicktime will come with Macs.
Also, try to smooth and render your videos. It makes it easier for us!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci