• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

What to do?

TotalDramaTony

District 13
Reaction score
Hey everyone, it's ya boo boo, and I just wanted to make a statement in regards to this entire community. I have joined this community back in August of 2013, and loved every second of it. Everything was just so much fun, I played sg like crazy and I sucked booty but I tried my best, and things were great for months. However, over the two years I've been here, k have noticed a lot has changed, a lot for the better, some things not so much. I have seen a lot of people upset and leave or be angry at MCGamer and it really makes me sad to see that happen. This place used to be so much fun, but people are too concerned with other things so we can't have that anymore. However, I made a promise to myself when I got mod, and I want as many of you to keep the promise with me. I promised myself that no matter what happened, no matter the situation, I would give it my 210% all to trying to keep MCGamer and its community happy and keep it the way I found it. I don't like see everyone fighting and leaving and giving up, it breaks my already weak heart, so please guys, I know things aren't in the best of conditions, but if we all do come together, understand the problems and focus on working together instead of clawing at each other, I know we can pull this together and make this community go back to the golden age I like to call it. I want to know what you all think needs to be right, and I want to compromise and come through for everyone, we don't need to fight and give up anymore, let's just put work into it, nothing good comes from not doing work, so let's get it together, all of us. Sorry if these is weird/random/crazy but I've been feeling like this for a while, but yeah, let's do this for the place where we all met and had the funniest times of our lives, MCGamer, our home.

I made this post from my phone, so please don't judge my grammar or spelling ;-;

Last edited:

Aidan

Platinum
Reaction score
preach it omg this is a community it isnt supossed to be about being mad at the server its about becoming friends and having amazing times

Braden

District 13
Reaction score
I feel like as soon as the majority of the community has found a more competitive play style is when the server started to go down hill. I don't mind the competitive scene, don't get me wrong, but I just feel that is when things started going downhill.

OhFancy

District 13
Reaction score
I totally agree with you! I feel when this community started getting a bit more competitive. Player's care-levels rose. I think the sole purpose of this network is to bring people from different regions closer together, make new friends and play a brilliant gamemode at the same time.

Come on guys, let's just take a chill pill! :)

Cole

Platinum
Reaction score
I totally agree with you! I feel when this community started getting a bit more competitive. Player's care-levels rose. I think the sole purpose of this network is to bring people from different regions closer together, make new friends and play a brilliant gamemode at the same time.

Come on guys, let's just take a chill pill! :)
Or, orrrr. People could begin to report every single hacker they found. Not sure if it's the same anymore, but i never saw any reports as a mod after 1.8.

HadEnough

Spectator
Reaction score
I think a current problem is hackers. Yes lots of people have said it before and I'm saying it again. The reason I feel that reports aren't so common anymore is that it's really quite hard to distinguish between a ncp hit or if it's hacks. Don't get me wrong, it is still reasonably easy to know if that player hacks because of the INSANE amount of hits and reach, though the no cheat doesn't help, like Fancy and Pixels said, since the community has grown more competitive, people start to get mad when they die to a hacker. They then usually leave straight away and, in some cases I've seen players take it out on the Staff Members, which just causes problems for themselves. We all get mad at some point, it's just what humans do, competitivity and ripping each other apart wouldn't change anything.
(I got a bit carried away xD)

Aidan

Platinum
Reaction score
no offense guys but mods do contribute sometimes to people quitting, yesterday 3 games straight there were 5+ mods teaming. One game i killed all 5 in a 5v1 :D so yeet but i still luv ya guys

Ceroria

Mockingjay
Reaction score
Everyone gets caught up in finding all the things wrong with our community, when in truth we should be embracing all the positive things us staff members make improvements upon. I understand that our network is not perfect, but that doesn't give everyone the right to be rude, disrespectful, and ruin the attitude of others on the network.

MCSG is different than it used to be, yes. Whether it's "better" or "worse" is hard to say, even though everyone is saying it's worse. I think there are aspects of our network that are much worse than they used to be, but there are also things that are much better! Let's not focus on the negatives, let's work to make improvements instead of complaining and being negative :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci