• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

What would make MCGamer "better"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cameron

Diamond
Reaction score
1v1 servers, clan servers, survival server
I think we should definitely develop some more of the popular game-modes like 1v1 servers and long requested clan servers. But survival will just lead to factions again and as much as I liked it, so much abuse will go around again. I will still try to talk to the Senior Staff and see what I can do.

Easy solution, hard to achieve. Change the community.

There is no need for more game modes seeing how people predominately play Survival Games or Battlegrounds any ways. The main issue why people are saying that MCGamer is going down is because of the community (this means staff too). Fixing some gamemodes is a totally different story.

Staff aren't as perfect as everyone thinks. I know that some staff work really hard and I respect that, but there are some out there that are just in it for the higher authority over the community and that's a problem. Not often will you see a mod openly talk to people in general chats or be welcoming to people who want to join their channels and because of that the community is separated.

I really want to go on, but maybe I will be making a thread soon about this.
There's a lot of work required to change a community, almost impossible. Only times people change minds is with a long process of propaganda and advertisement. The only people that can change the community is the community itself. If we want to make MCSG better, if people want to, then some people need to act as role models.

1v1, let me swear in TS!, Maybe don't yell at a member when ur mad there breaking the "rules"
I will talk to more people about your teamspeak point because I believe you have a fair point.

I will reply to others in the morning.

MoLoToV

Platinum
Reaction score
I think we should definitely develop some more of the popular game-modes like 1v1 servers and long requested clan servers. But survival will just lead to factions again and as much as I liked it, so much abuse will go around again. I will still try to talk to the Senior Staff and see what I can do.

There's a lot of work required to change a community, almost impossible. Only times people change minds is with a long process of propaganda and advertisement. The only people that can change the community is the community itself. If we want to make MCSG better, if people want to, then some people need to act as role models.

I will talk to more people about your teamspeak point because I believe you have a fair point.

I will reply to others in the morning.
Why does it need to be factions? I'm aware MCGamer is PvP focusses. But as seen from our previous creative server that a lot of player would play a non PvP-gamemode aswell.

Cameron

Diamond
Reaction score
Why does it need to be factions? I'm aware MCGamer is PvP focusses. But as seen from our previous creative server that a lot of player would play a non PvP-gamemode aswell.
Oh my bad. Forgot that plugins can be made to make survival without PVP. I'll make sure to mention that as well.

Ceroria

Mockingjay
Reaction score
1) Convince the developers to spend more time interacting with and taking into consideration the wants of the community gamemode wise. I'm not saying everything we propose is a good idea, but if the devs are actively evaluating ideas and considering their outcomes, things could get done more efficiently and more catered to the community.

2) Have everyone just calm down. There's too much negative energy and angry excitement that comes out of people. Instead of complaining about problems, put our minds together to solve them.

okaymatt

Platinum
Reaction score
In my opinion I think mcgamer has seen its peak probably back in late 2013 to early 2014. I know it is trying its hardest to stay I guess; 'relevant' but even with the extended amounts of new game modes or expanding the amount of servers they have, like in AU which probably wasn't the best idea because nowadays you don't need to purchase donor to get into games unlike back in 2013 when it was almost impossible to get into a server without donor on peak hours. I don't think mcgamer will ever become the server it once was and the decline of players will continue even with new updates.

I also believe the era of the whole 'gg ez rekt gg10 gg12' kind of ruined the server for people. I know for me, someone who can admit to no lifeing mcsg for way too long it made me not want to play and I discovered new games and servers to play on. I know that has nothing to do with the server itself but I was something that impacted the server and something even today it is still trying to recover from.

I really enjoy the mcgamer server, been playing since I think June 2013, which isn't the longest but I've seen it at its best and worst and even if somethings were improved or added the amount of players is still going to decline, with that players buying donor will decline until the day mcgamer has to shut its doors and move on to something else. I have complete respect for the mods, snr mods, admins, devs and what not for doing their best in trying to keep the server going but its needs to be realistic and decide soon where the server will travel in the future.

(I know there are probably grammar and punctuation mistakes but meh)

Deceqsed

Survivor
Reaction score
1) Convince the developers to spend more time interacting with and taking into consideration the wants of the community gamemode wise. I'm not saying everything we propose is a good idea, but if the devs are actively evaluating ideas and considering their outcomes, things could get done more efficiently and more catered to the community.

2) Have everyone just calm down. There's too much negative energy and angry excitement that comes out of people. Instead of complaining about problems, put our minds together to solve them.
I like you, nice idea on how to make the MCGamer Community better. :)

roygator14

Career
Reaction score
Hello!

I am sorry, however this thread has been Locked due to NecroPosting.
NecroPosting is posting on a thread that has not been Edited/Posted on within 30 days.
If you have further questions, or concerns, feel free to contact me, or another Staff Member!

Locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci