• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

What would people want in a map with 1.5 features?

Psychoclick

Tribute
Reaction score
I wasnt sure if this should go in map discussion or here, due to the broad nature of the topic.

Daylight Sensors keeping it always night?
Extremely difficult and rewarding parkour that will gear you up in full chain/iron?
TNT-Cart Fueled Obstacle Courses?
Mobile Chests?(Chestcart ontop of a mob, such as a pig)
Temples that require tribute? (Weighted pressure plates that demand a stack of items to gain entry (shears and grass, baby)

agentkiller158

District 13
Reaction score
i don't want it always day
that Tnt cart sounds cool
its all good ideas but you forgot about the redstone chest for traps

Kieran Bennellick

Spectator
Reaction score
I'd love a night map. Something small without masses of areas to explore, literally a fight to the death at night with the only chests at the cornocopia. I think that would be awesome.

Psychoclick

Tribute
Reaction score
I'd love a night map. Something small without masses of areas to explore, literally a fight to the death at night with the only chests at the cornocopia. I think that would be awesome.
If that was the case, id plop a few brewing tables with potions of nightvision around the map, for appropriate reasons.

RC_4777

Mockingjay
Reaction score
That temple idea is cool. And also an enchanting table with mobs or bottles (like Insanity Cause) so you can actually use it.

Psychoclick

Tribute
Reaction score
That temple idea is cool. And also an enchanting table with mobs or bottles (like Insanity Cause) so you can actually use it.
I think with the trapped chests, I could make it so the temple causes the aformentioned TNT-cart trap, making escape a priority. probably have a brief 8 second window or so to loot the chest and escape the temple.

RC_4777

Mockingjay
Reaction score
I think with the trapped chests, I could make it so the temple causes the aformentioned TNT-cart trap, making escape a priority. probably have a brief 8 second window or so to loot the chest and escape the temple.
That would be pretty awesome.

Reaction score
I think the parkours (in maps, not in lobbies) should have bettwe rewards based on their difficulty. I once did a very difficult parkour on (I think) Survival Kingdom, and I only got an iron ingot, an apple, and chain pants. Sure, it was good, but I felt it wasn't good enough after almost dying in a fiery death by being burnt alive in lava, mere blocks away from my feet.

Psychoclick

Tribute
Reaction score
I think the parkours (in maps, not in lobbies) should have bettwe rewards based on their difficulty. I once did a very difficult parkour on (I think) Survival Kingdom, and I only got an iron ingot, an apple, and chain pants. Sure, it was good, but I felt it wasn't good enough after almost dying in a fiery death by being burnt alive in lava, mere blocks away from my feet.
thats why I would utilize the dropper's ability to immediately arm and armor someone. make that a direct reward. like, as i said before, full chain, maybe a stone or iron sword, and a diamond.

Kieran Bennellick

Spectator
Reaction score
I think you should be able to steal from peoples inventory. Make it as realistic as possible,

JohnnyGoesSmash

Platinum
Reaction score
I don't like any of these ideas but I think you could take an advantage to using the different layers of snow like in sg5 xD

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci