• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

When I try to record my game lags

Status
Not open for further replies.

iRekPeople

Tribute
Reaction score
6+ of RAM will be good.
I heard if you have an NVIDEA Graphics Card, you can use Shadowplay, an NVIDIA only recording setup.
I hear it doesn't lag.
Upgrade your processor to a i5 or i7 with atleast more than 2.4GHZ

smashmaster

Platinum
Reaction score
Well 10 other people all rdy told you this but... you need a better CPU. I would upgrade to an i5 or i7, I have an i5 4770k and back when I played (Just quit 2-3 months ago I got great FPS)

Edit: Also my graphics card is a GTX760

smashmaster

Platinum
Reaction score
My processor isn't bad. It can handle GTX 750 Ti and it offers average performance.
I just can't upgrade my PC there are a lot of reasons. I sold my GTS 250 and get this GPU and that's it. That will be my last upgrade
Last upgrade? There will always be a time you need to upgrade.

Edit: Just curious where did you sell your previous graphics card? Just wondered for the future. Im guessing craigslist or ebay.

Last edited:

ArgaJones

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
The lag while recording is probably mostly caused by having a bad CPU and not enough ram. It could also have something to do with your HDD. Recording takes up a lot more system resorces that just playing does, so even if you get okay FPS when you are not recording, you might not be able to record very well.

TheUniqueOne

Survivor
Reaction score
Last upgrade? There will always be a time you need to upgrade.

Edit: Just curious where did you sell your previous graphics card? Just wondered for the future. Im guessing craigslist or ebay.
Neither. I just sold it to a student :) If my system won't broke in two years no problem for me 'cause I'll go to college upstate and my dad will remove the PC.
The lag while recording is probably mostly caused by having a bad CPU and not enough ram. It could also have something to do with your HDD. Recording takes up a lot more system resorces that just playing does, so even if you get okay FPS when you are not recording, you might not be able to record very well.
I did research and GTX 750 Ti and a Q6600 can run very good. 5 GB RAM is enough. No problem with my HDD and it has space enough. I get very good FPS while not recording. Shaders work well too.
While recording in SG 4 I get average 100 FPS but when I turn left or right it becomes laggy but the FPS is still high. I've seen a lot of people recording well with bad PC's. I'm surprised.
EDIT: I'll try ShadowPlay I hope that works!

ArgaJones

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Neither. I just sold it to a student :) If my system won't broke in two years no problem for me 'cause I'll go to college upstate and my dad will remove the PC.

I did research and GTX 750 Ti and a Q6600 can run very good. 5 GB RAM is enough. No problem with my HDD and it has space enough. I get very good FPS while not recording. Shaders work well too.
While recording in SG 4 I get average 100 FPS but when I turn left or right it becomes laggy but the FPS is still high. I've seen a lot of people recording well with bad PC's. I'm surprised.
EDIT: I'll try ShadowPlay I hope that works!
How fast is your HDD? also 5gb of ram is definitely not enough for recording, you need to have ram left over when your game is running in order to record at good FPS.
Edit: That processor is outdated and not that fast so i would definitely look into updating it.

TheUniqueOne

Survivor
Reaction score
Finally solved my problem! :) I tried ShadowPlay and I can record 60 FPS videos with ZERO lag!
If your system can handle ShadowPlay, definitely use this feature.

iRekPeople

Tribute
Reaction score
Finally solved my problem! :) I tried ShadowPlay and I can record 60 FPS videos with ZERO lag!
If your system can handle ShadowPlay, definitely use this feature.
Shadowplay is basically Fraps 2.0 availible for only NVIDIA devices.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci