• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

When someone dies, it says who kills them!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jreitere

Diamond
Reaction score
I have been asked for this feature by so many people, have discussed it with so many people, and everyone wants it. I have even been thinking about starting a petition because so many people want this feautre.

When someone dies it says who killed them. This way the world can be rid of backstabbers, and people will know who is their competition, etc.
I think it adds a whole new concept to the game of intimidation. I think that it should def be added!

HalfSquirrel

Diamond
Reaction score
Maybe friends of yours like this, but few people on the forums like this (if I remember correctly). This ruins the secrecy aspect. Nobody here even wants it to say who died! They only want it to be like the old "A cannon can be heard in the distance", without any knowledge of who died or who killed someone.

If that information is given out, there is no suspense or worry that it might be your friend that died or a good player that's strong. It ruins a great aspect of the game.

I'm against this suggestion, for these reasons and probably a few others that I can't think of right now.

egoldo

Career
Reaction score
Yeah I've been wanting to do this for like Sooooo long!! xD

Lively

District 13
Reaction score
No. This would hurt the game more than help it. Let me give you a scenario. You're doing great, and you've killed four people already. Everyone else would know you killed those people. Suddenly, you can't find anyone. It's as if they're hiding from you. Everyone sees you coming and quickly starts shifting. For the rest of the match, you find no one.

This is a bad idea. If people know who's killing who, they'll know exactly which players to avoid. Also, what would happen if they died because they fell, drowned, swam in lava, or any other environment based deaths. Would it say like, "The ground has slain <player>?" Also, considering chat is already pretty full with people coming and going from the server, people dying, and chests refilling, your idea would only clutter the chat more.

Beardy

District 13
Reaction score
Sorry, I'm agreeing with HalfSquirrel on this one. Going with what he said, another disadvantage is if somebody is hiding a weapon. Say player killed tribute. Then sponsor sees player running at them weaponless. You can assume player has a weapon and there goes a sneak attack. Just my opinion.

BlueBeetleHD

Platinum
Reaction score
Meh I personally like the mystery of the game. It makes it more exciting to see who I'm going up against for deathmatch. I can also see more teaming happening. Once players realize this one player is killing a bunch of people, players will begin to panic and team on the spot to take him out.

cadbane4321

District 13
Reaction score
In the real hunger games, the tributes who died would only be announced at night. So saying who killed who would make it less suspensful, as Half_Squirrel said.

BlitzCometITU

Diamond
Reaction score
Maybe friends of yours like this, but few people on the forums like this (if I remember correctly). This ruins the secrecy aspect. Nobody here even wants it to say who died! They only want it to be like the old "A cannon can be heard in the distance", without any knowledge of who died or who killed someone.

If that information is given out, there is no suspense or worry that it might be your friend that died or a good player that's strong. It ruins a great aspect of the game.

I'm against this suggestion, for these reasons and probably a few others that I can't think of right now.
Yes.

Ava

Administrator
Reaction score
No - this feature will unfortunately never be added. The name of the game is the Minecraft Survival Games; doing this would turn it more into PvP games than it already is (and we're working to bring back the "survival games" concept as much as we can, especially with the chest update that's being worked on).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci