• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Which keys do you use?

Drybear1998

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Jump: Space
Drop: P
Chat: T
Sneak: Shift
Inventory: R
List players: Tab
Zoom (if you have it): V

Drop is P, for obvious reasons. Inventory is R, so that when I run, I don't accidentally open my inventory, while still keeping it easily accessible for my left hand. (I rarely mess up running like that, but it does happen, so this is just to make sure I don't mess up all that bad when it does.) I have V as my zoom so that I can easily reach it with my thumb, however I never really use it that way, I have it binded to an extra button on my mouse. (I don't use Left-Ctrl because that's my TS push to talk, which I use since I commonly have a noisy background. I as well have push to talk binded to my second extra button on my mouse. I'm using a Razer Deathadder mouse.)
That's a different set up, i like it :) I have a little question though, I have 2 extra buttons on the side of my mouse but whenever i try to use one as the zoom button for exampel nothing happens. (I can't even select it as a key in the controls menu). Do I have to change some kind of settings on my computer or something?

ShaunDepro

Mockingjay
Reaction score
Jump: Spacebar
Drop: L
Sneak: LShift
Inventory: I (the old one)
List players: Tab
Zoom (if you have it): Ctrl
Pick-Block: F

Binding attacking key is useful sometimes too.

G33ke

Community Engagement Team Representative
Reaction score
That's a different set up, i like it :) I have a little question though, I have 2 extra buttons on the side of my mouse but whenever i try to use one as the zoom button for exampel nothing happens. (I can't even select it as a key in the controls menu). Do I have to change some kind of settings on my computer or something?
Well, it really depends. For my mouse, there is specific software made by it's company that I downloaded to be able to change all of it's options like macros/sensitivity. I could probably do some of that from my computer manually as well, however it would effect those options internally on my computer/I'd be more limited/it'd be more complicated. I don't know what kind of mouse you have/I don't even know how to even do it with other mouses to be honest. :p

Also, upon reading what you said a second time: Rather than trying to set your controls in minecraft to mouse buttons, it might be easier to set your mouse buttons to act like keys on your keyboard. My two mouse buttons act just as Ctrl/V would if I use them instead, as my extra mouse buttons are set to do so. No, I actually don't know how you can do this, unless you happen to use the same exact mouse as me. (which apparently a lot of people do, actually...)

darkai202

Mockingjay
Reaction score
Drop: Q
Sneak: L Shift
Inventory: E
List players: TAB
Zoom (if you have it): CTRL

Yeah, default settings. Fight me

sionghwee

Experienced
Reaction score
Jump: s
Drop: u
Chat: y
Sneak: Ctrl (tf2 player)
Inventory: z
List players: x
Zoom (if you have it):q

ejegun

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Jump: space
Drop: q
Chat: t
Sneak: lshift
Inventory: e
List players: tab
Zoom (if you have it): ctrl
Pick block: F
Zombe's fly: B
Zombe's run: r

ejegun

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Drop: Q
Sneak: L Shift
Inventory: E
List players: P
Zoom/L33t snoipeh mode: L Ctrl
BetterSprint: R ccos banja us it an he iz da god ov bacca leik me
Default ftw :3
Save for the list players key, I can't have it on tab because I run MC through Steam so I can access the Steam overlay via alt tab
Mc aint no steam

Twee

District 13
Reaction score
Jump: space
Drop: c
Chat: enter
Sneak: rshift
Zoom (if you have it): q

zukodark

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Jump: p
Drop: n
Chat: c
Sneak: o
Inventory: q
List players: alt
Zoom (if you have it): ctrl

BritishShoop

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Mc aint no steam
You can run other games through Steam.
If you right click your library then click add non-steam game, you can add any game to the list and you can launch it through steams. By doing that you can use the Steam overlay

ejegun

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
But. But one of MC's splash messages is Not on steam!

iDufferz

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Jump: Caps(lol)
Drop: p
Chat: t
Sneak: c
Zoom (if you have it):ctrl

Members online

No members online now.