• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

/Whisper or /Message

Saucycmeister

Platinum
Reaction score
I thought it would be a good idea if you could use /whisper or /Message, no matter how far the person that your messaging/whispering is away.

BlitzCometITU

Diamond
Reaction score
I feel this could be used unfairly. Say a non-Skype team is playing, just /message to tell them that there are diamonds on the floor waiting for them in the double chest house. Stuff like that. I don't like this idea.

Porkstorm

District 13
Reaction score
I feel this could be used unfairly. Say a non-Skype team is playing, just /message to tell them that there are diamonds on the floor waiting for them in the double chest house. Stuff like that. I don't like this idea.
And? They could just get skype

BlitzCometITU

Diamond
Reaction score
And? They could just get skype
What if they can't get Skype? Don't be self-centered, not everyone has the same privileges as you. It is like a Skype team, but the point of non-Skype team is to communicate through typing, and if you are pretty much allowed to type across the map don't you think it's slightly overpowered?

chumps52

Spectator
Reaction score
What if they can't get Skype? Don't be self-centered, not everyone has the same privileges as you. It is like a Skype team, but the point of non-Skype team is to communicate through typing, and if you are pretty much allowed to type across the map don't you think it's slightly overpowered?
I think he's trying to make it fairer for the people who cannot get Skype.
A team who have Skype can communicate no matter where they are on the map.
However, a team who don't have Skype must be within 10 blocks of each other to send DM's unless they want other people to hear.... Hardly fair on them.

ShaunDepro

Mockingjay
Reaction score
Unless it was recently removed, /w and /whisper are currently and always have been commands on our server within a small radius.

chumps52

Spectator
Reaction score
Unless it was recently removed, /w and /whisper are currently and always have been commands on our server within a small radius.
We're talking about making it available across the map, because people who don't have Skype cannot communicate with each other unless they are close together.... It just makes it a bit fairer for them....

tom00117

Career
Reaction score
You cant whisper to people who are 100 metres away right? lol

Matt_The Dreamer

Mockingjay
Reaction score
I know MCSG isn't supposed to be a realistic hunger games, but could you really whisper to someone across the map in real life? You could when you're close to them. Just saying this doesn't make sense from a realistic standpoint.

Saucycmeister

Platinum
Reaction score
I know MCSG isn't supposed to be a realistic hunger games, but could you really whisper to someone across the map in real life? You could when you're close to them. Just saying this doesn't make sense from a realistic standpoint.
In real Hunger Games,Do you have to find chests for food/arrows/weapons or anything, So you not be able to whisper?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci