• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Who do you think is the best MCSG player?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
The best US player would have to be Ryan, Blamph, mugger, or sixzo. Only one I haven't fought is Blamph, but I can tell he's good. Only one I actually did beat once was mugger, but it was more of luck than anything else. He was above me on the water tower in sg2, and I got some hits on him then he gets under me but then strangely my next hit on him knocks him down. Shortly after I'm killed by PanuterNut.
The only time I fought blamph, he killed me, only because I just finished killing sixzo, then blamph one hits me >.<

Reaction score
Maybe not you torchscar, but most people actually were, I remember back when I would make teams of 8 and camp at corn the entire game, I'm am sad to say people still do it now... D:
Every once in awhile.... But lul, back in the day, it was so fun taking out teams of 6+ people with no weapons :3

Zeno

Platinum
Reaction score
Maybe not you torchscar, but most people actually were, I remember back when I would make teams of 8 and camp at corn the entire game, I'm am sad to say people still do it now... D:
Every once in awhile.... But lul, back in the day, it was so fun taking out teams of 6+ people with no weapons :3
Those were the days....

When you teamed in order to be the biggest noobs possible instead of trying to win....

SixZoSeven

Community Engagement Team Lead
Reaction score
Honestly, it's a hard pick for me who I think is the "best" now.
egrodo says he's never beat Sixzoseven from what he can remember, but I feel like I don't have too much trouble fighting Sixzo anymore, (still a lot more trouble than fighting many others) whereas egrodo gives me an extremely tough time almost every time I fight him...It's simply the way we all PvP and how the styles "react" with each other - I'm better at close range, melee combat with the fishing rod, egrodo is better at long range, and Sixzo is an all round "average" (and by average, I mean really good at both, I'm just "better" at melee and "worse" at range, same with egrodo but the other way around. This is is just a guess from my experience fighting him - I'm not sure if there is anything he is really exceptional at.)

I can bring this into a discussion on other fighting styles - for example, the way nate252 fights melee completely demolishes my strategy and messes up my fighting, although against most other people, I don't believe his style is as effective as some others like mine.

One wouldn't think Minecraft to really have too many fighting styles other than "block hitting, jumping for criticals, and strafing" but in all honesty, I've seen many, many different fighting styles in my time - think of it like pokemon types - for every fighting style, there is things it's "good" against, "bad" against, and "average" against - the style nate252 uses may be "super effective" against mine, but "not very effective" against egrodo's or Sixzo's...The difference here from normal pokemon is that there are styles that are super effective against almost all other styles with few weaknesses, and styles that aren't good against anything and have little purpose...egrodo with a bow is good against just about anything, since most other styles are more "melee" based, so they don't have an effect, although his style requires arrows, which makes him an easier target when he's low on them. (he's still really good at melee, don't get me wrong, I just don't think he's quiet as good as Sixzo or I. He's got more weaknesses.)

Anyway, in this extremely long post - the point I'm trying to make is that there is no one person who is "better" than every other person. There will always be someone better than him, and someone better than the guy who's better than him...through this method of thinking, you will come to realize that everyone would be better than him, which doesn't make sense since he is clearly better than many of them...long story short - the person who's better is the person who's fighting style wins against the most opponents possible. As such, egrodo is probably the "best" right now in my opinion, since most people in this thread think he is the one that gave them the most trouble. However, this isn't exactly considering the fact that he may have had many arrows against every single one of these people...many of them may have survived until deathmatch...and guess when egrodo is likely to have arrows? So...I think I'm just trying to say that determining the best really just is impossible. The sheer amount of variables is too much to calculate. If I had to, I would still vote egrodo, since he's the "best" when provided the right amount of materials, which he can usually get, and still awesome without them...as far as anyone can calculate, yes, he is the best.

TL;DR: If anyone is the "best" right now, I'd say it's egrodo. There are many other variables involved, though, and in enough ways, egrodo is worse...there are other people who are better than him, but that doesn't make them the best even though he is...it's hard to explain, just read the post. >.>

Many things said in this post were examples or otherwise guess information, just as a note. I made many assumptions, too. :p (for example, I really don't know what Sixzo is exceptional at in combat, so I took a guess at him being an "all round".)
I can say for a fact that I am not nearly as good as I once was. Back then, I do believe I was unstoppable. The reason why you are able to be beat me fairly often if mainly because I am simply not as good anymore. Also, back in the days of 1.2.5, there were almost no problems with lag and NO problems with NCP. The time I started declining in the leaderboards was right around the time some problems arose. Although I may sound a bit "cocky", I will admit that to this day, I still believe I was the second best MCSG player. The first, being SomeMugger. (Played around 1.2.x-1.3.x) Another problem with gauging the skill of players, is the amount of variables that can take place in a game. Who had the better armor, weapon, more arrows, flint and steel, golden apples, water or land, flatland or hills...There are just way to many things to take into consideration. Egrodo, while a good player, has only killed me once (Not counting times where I may have had no weapon, armor, etc.) Like you indirectly stated to an extent, I have little trouble when dealing with Egrodo. When it comes to facing you, you have the better record against me. But again, have we fought enough to the point where we can accurately determine who is "better"? I dont play competitively enough anymore to really give my opinion on who I think is the best. Based on my knowledge, this is my top list of players. (Mainly if not all US players) (Bear in mind, my rankings are bound to be inaccurate seeing as I dont have much knowledge on the more current players)

1. SomeMugger
2. SixZoSeven
3. G33ke
4. Egrodo
5. Blamph

Although there is little I have that can prove this, I can assure you that SomeMugger was one of the BEST MCSG players. If he still played, I can assure you he would be on top of the leaderboard. As time goes on, the skill of all of us changes...for better or for worse(Hopefully worse if you are going to fight me :p) Anways, that was my somewhat extensive thought on the matter.

Edit: This was a video of one of the deathmatches in an old "Chad Livestream" Chad ended up forcing DM with a good 8 or so people left. All of which, had better stuff than me. Although it is not shown in this video, I entered DM with leather armor and ended up with full iron/iron sword. The melee fighting in this is "average at some points but good at others". Just thought I would share it with you.

G33ke

Community Engagement Team Representative
Reaction score
I can say for a fact that I am not nearly as good as I once was. Back then, I do believe I was unstoppable. The reason why you are able to be beat me fairly often if mainly because I am simply not as good anymore. Also, back in the days of 1.2.5, there were almost no problems with lag and NO problems with NCP. The time I started declining in the leaderboards was right around the time some problems arose. Although I may sound a bit "cocky", I will admit that to this day, I still believe I was the second best MCSG player. The first, being SomeMugger. (Played around 1.2.x-1.3.x) Another problem with gauging the skill of players, is the amount of variables that can take place in a game. Who had the better armor, weapon, more arrows, flint and steel, golden apples, water or land, flatland or hills...There are just way to many things to take into consideration. Egrodo, while a good player, has only killed me once (Not counting times where I may have had no weapon, armor, etc.) Like you indirectly stated to an extent, I have little trouble when dealing with Egrodo. When it comes to facing you, you have the better record against me. But again, have we fought enough to the point where we can accurately determine who is "better"? I dont play competitively enough anymore to really give my opinion on who I think is the best. Based on my knowledge, this is my top list of players. (Mainly if not all US players) (Bear in mind, my rankings are bound to be inaccurate seeing as I dont have much knowledge on the more current players)

1. SomeMugger
2. SixZoSeven
3. G33ke
4. Egrodo
5. Blamph

Although there is little I have that can prove this, I can assure you that SomeMugger was the BEST MCSG player. If he still played, I can assure you he would be on top of the leaderboard. As time goes on, the skill of all of us changes...for better or for worse(Hopefully worse if you are going to fight me :p) Anways, that was my somewhat extensive thought on the matter.
After reviewing one of our fights, (the one in Blamph's 500 sub special.) I realize I did worse against you than it felt like when fighting. I also notice, however, my lack of use of the fishing rod...not to sound "cocky", (like you said. :p) but when I'm not "playing it safe" like that, I can do better. (assuming I don't mess up, which I don't have enough practice quite yet to 100% do right all the time.) I'm not sure I've fought you with all MCSG like gear except for that one fight, where again, I was playing it safe...I look forward to future battles and see how I can do against you. :p (Although, again, many variables take place - no win/lose ratio against a single user will be 100% accurate, so we'll see.)

But yes, that's a fairly accurate list in my opinion. :p (and not because I'm on it...)

OMGjustin

Peacekeeper
Reaction score

1. SomeMugger
2. SixZoSeven
3. G33ke
4. Egrodo
5. Blamph

Although there is little I have that can prove this, I can assure you that SomeMugger was the BEST MCSG player. If he still played, I can assure you he would be on top of the leaderboard. As time goes on, the skill of all of us changes...for better or for worse(Hopefully worse if you are going to fight me :p) Anways, that was my somewhat extensive thought on the matter.

Edit: This was a video of one of the deathmatches in an old "Chad Livestream" Chad ended up forcing DM with a good 8 or so people left. All of which, had better stuff than me. Although it is not shown in this video, I entered DM with leather armor and ended up with full iron/iron sword. The melee fighting in this is "average at some points but good at others". Just thought I would share it with you.

Lol I killed SomeMugger like 9/10 times (either when he had equal/better gear or paired with PanuterNut) and Blamph has beaten me half the time. Your list is very variable.

Julius345

Platinum
Reaction score

1. SomeMugger
2. SixZoSeven
3. G33ke
4. Egrodo
5. Blamph

That video makes me wanting the streams back so bad...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci