• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Who do you want for President of the USA?

PulseRevamped

Survivor
Reaction score
My top three were Clinton, Bernie, and then O'Malley. I forgot the exact percentages because I did this a few days ago. After watching the debates I would say that this is my top three, but not in that order. I prefer Sanders over Clinton.
Same, I don't think Clinton 100% knows what she's getting into. O'Malley is cool too, but he has no shot. And no, I'm not being sexist, I would love to see a girl as president.

reven86

Platinum
Reaction score
Top 3 are

Bernie Sanders (democrat) - 79%
Hillary Clinton (democrat) 78%
Donald Trump (Republican) 74%

Personally, I think Trump is just too... extreme. Between Hillary and Sanders... I'd probably pick Sanders. My results were pretty much exactly what I thought they would be. It's crazy how many things I'm completely for with Trump and a couple things I'm completely against.

PulseRevamped

Survivor
Reaction score
Top 3 are

Bernie Sanders (democrat) - 79%
Hillary Clinton (democrat) 78%
Donald Trump (Republican) 74%

Personally, I think Trump is just too... extreme. Between Hillary and Sanders... I'd probably pick Sanders. My results were pretty much exactly what I thought they would be. It's crazy how many things I'm completely for with Trump and a couple things I'm completely against.
Interesting, where did Martin O'Malley rank?

BitoBain

Career
Reaction score
The best leaders are the ones who care about people they will never meet, whether because they live in a different place or a different point in time.

To me, that means my favorite candidates are the ones who will care for future generations rather than just worrying about the current state of things by 1)doing something about climate change 2)investing in alternative energy sources, and 3)not starting unnecessary wars or making unnecessary enemies that could cause wars.

Economic and political conditions can always recover, but once you deface our precious planet either by climate change, resource depletion, or nuclear warfare, there's no going back.

reven86

Platinum
Reaction score
The best leaders are the ones who care about people they will never meet, whether because they live in a different place or a different point in time.

To me, that means my favorite candidates are the ones who will care for future generations rather than just worrying about the current state of things by 1)doing something about climate change 2)investing in alternative energy sources, and 3)not starting unnecessary wars or making unnecessary enemies that could cause wars.

Economic and political conditions can always recover, but once you deface our precious planet either by climate change, resource depletion, or nuclear warfare, there's no going back.
oh good stuff xD I remember when they used to call it "global warming" instead of "climate change". So much fuss about global warming, yet its a fact that winters are lasting longer and are colder than before.

Not that I'm saying the climate isn't changing, but I'd say there isn't THAT much we can do about it.

Finding alt. energy sources is something that really wont be pushed too much until the natural gases supply is running crazy low. Too many people make ALOT of money off natural gas and stuff. Reality of business and the world.

War.. I'd try to avoid that as much as possible. No one really ever truly wins a war. Just 1 side loses more than the other. But this is america. We stick our noses in everything, blow crap up, then rebuild it for them. Merrrrica

BitoBain

Career
Reaction score
oh good stuff xD I remember when they used to call it "global warming" instead of "climate change". So much fuss about global warming, yet its a fact that winters are lasting longer and are colder than before.

Not that I'm saying the climate isn't changing, but I'd say there isn't THAT much we can do about it.

Finding alt. energy sources is something that really wont be pushed too much until the natural gases supply is running crazy low. Too many people make ALOT of money off natural gas and stuff. Reality of business and the world.

War.. I'd try to avoid that as much as possible. No one really ever truly wins a war. Just 1 side loses more than the other. But this is america. We stick our noses in everything, blow crap up, then rebuild it for them. Merrrrica
Some people do still call it global warming unfortunately. It's a misleading term. It's more accurate to call it climate change or climate destabilization. In general, mean temperature readings over the past century have shown that the earth is warming, and comparisons with CO2 and other greenhouse gas readings from the atmosphere have shown that climate change is being caused by humans.

You are correct that climate change doesn't always mean the earth is getting warmer. It means weather patterns are getting screwed up. In some places there may be heating, cooling, droughts, floods, hurricanes, changes in chemical makeup of the ocean, and more, as a result of climate change. It's definitely not all about warming. However, climate change is no longer something we are just predicting, it has already destroyed natural habitats and caused unnecessary natural disasters. It's a problem of the present.

It does look grim for many countries that want to develop and grow their economies without using fossil fuels, but some have done exactly that. Iceland fulfills approximately 85% of its energy needs with geothermal energy and hydropower. The money is tempting, but it is possible to reduce our dependence on fossil fuels, and the UN has already made great progress on this since 2000.

I am optimistic that we can do a great deal about emissions if we set our mind to it. Basically, the UN has strongly encourage both developed and developing countries to reduce emissions and take advantage of the dozens of other available sources. As soon as just one other fuel source becomes cheaper than fossil fuels, whether because of taxes, tariffs, technology, or simply depletion, the problem will be solved, for the most part, in that area. I hope this happens soon.

I agree with you on war. We don't need another Vietnam or Iraq.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci