• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Who knows how to make intros?

Fireized

Diamond
Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone was willing to teach me how to make intros, if anyone knows how? :3

Ssosme

Survivor
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure someone will pop up here. I know a friend who made me an intro for me :). If you want you can contact me and I think I can get you his email. But I won't release it here.

D

Damien // Teepwn

I was wondering if anyone was willing to teach me how to make intros, if anyone knows how? :3
Intro making is a really broad subject that you can practically call motion design. Its literally impossible to teach it as there's som many variations and styles. I suggest to get yourself acquainted with programs such as Cinema4D and Adobe After Effects with basic effects and keyframing tutorials.

Fireized

Diamond
Reaction score
Intro making is a really broad subject that you can practically call motion design. Its literally impossible to teach it as there's som many variations and styles. I suggest to get yourself acquainted with programs such as Cinema4D and Adobe After Effects with basic effects and keyframing tutorials.
I was hoping to learn to do things like this guy does: https://www.youtube.com/user/XodaAnimations
I know the basics of keyframing, and I know a little bit about Blender.

D

Damien // Teepwn

I was hoping to learn to do things like this guy does: https://www.youtube.com/user/XodaAnimations
I know the basics of keyframing, and I know a little bit about Blender.
Yeah, I know Xoda. I suggest getting familiar with the Tradecode plugins for After Effects. They're frequently used to create particles, shockwaves, and help sync audio to visual.

As for animation, that's really how you wanna go, you can go with realistic movement, etc which needs alot of observation of the way you move yourself (I remember watching a video of some guy doing a backflip off a wall many times over to get a realistic Minecraft animation of it) or you can go for cartoonish style, with physics-defying animations that are just fun. It's up to you though.

royroyboy

Experienced
Reaction score
I would suggest having a look at C4D and getting a free Minecraft character rig for it. You would need a basic program to sync audio with video as well. Not 100% sure what Xoda uses but I use the following:

Cinema 4D - For animation
Adobe After Effects - For effects :p
Sony Vegas Pro 12 - For the final Edit

I have been making intros for around 7 months now, its a long time when you think about it but if you constantly practice, each time you will get better. So practice!! It doesn't just come to you like magic!

This was my first intro (poor animation, pretty lame lens explosion, and audio wasn't even synced.)

And this is my latest released intro

As you can see I started out a real noob :p and that's nothing to be ashamed of!

To make Intros with better quality you need a lot of practice and as Damien // Teepwn said, become familiar with an after effects plugin like 'Trapcode Particular', or get some particle packs and particle shockwave elements.
To keyframe, I put my Animation into Sony Vegas then the selected music into Sony Vegas, line up the audio to where I want it and then hit the "M" key on each beat to create a marker. Then when I render that and put it into After Effects I can see where each beat exactly is by looking at Sony Vegas' markers and apply effects in after effects at those frames. I wish I could be more specific but that's all I got the time for. Hope I helped at least 0.0001% :p

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci