• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Why aren't reporting players getting benefits?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Electrix

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I really don't understand this issue. If MCSG is going to ask its players to report hackers, then why do they get no motivation to it?

It's like telling people, "Hey, you should be a cop so you can fight crime, but you don't get paid."

Theories? Arguments? Go ahead!

Matt0808

Career
Reaction score
In my opinion people shouldn't be rewarded for doing the right thing but they should be punished for doing the wrong thing. If everyone was rewarded for doing the right thing then people would only do good things if they were rewarded for it. The world is getting lazier and lazier and people don't want to do things for others anymore. Almost every position here at MCGamer is a volunteer position so it's not really like a policemen not getting paid. If users were rewarded for reporting users it would be like normal everyday people being paid for calling the police or fire department.

Please note that this is my opinion and is not intended to offend other people.

Electrix

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
In my opinion people shouldn't be rewarded for doing the right thing but they should be punished for doing the wrong thing. If everyone was rewarded for doing the right thing then people would only do good things if they were rewarded for it. The world is getting lazier and lazier and people don't want to do things for others anymore. Almost every position here at MCGamer is a volunteer position so it's not really like a policemen not getting paid. If users were rewarded for reporting users it would be like normal everyday people being paid for calling the police or fire department.

Please note that this is my opinion and is not intended to offend other people.
The problem is that it's hard to find internet people that will voluntarily do something without rewards.

Evermore

Career
Reaction score
Instead MCSG bans you if you report someone and then accidentally remove it later...

Ceroria

Mockingjay
Reaction score
Instead MCSG bans you if you report someone and then accidentally remove it later...
This again...

Let's go over a situation here. Player B is hacking. Player A reports player b for hacking, and Player B gets banned, permanently. He talks to Player A and makes him delete the video of him hacking so he can get unbanned. Now since there is no evidence, in most cases he will get unbanned and go back, most likely going back to his routine of hacking.

AlLuc

Career
Reaction score
I really don't understand this issue. If MCSG is going to ask its players to report hackers, then why do they get no motivation to it?

It's like telling people, "Hey, you should be a cop so you can fight crime, but you don't get paid."

Theories? Arguments? Go ahead!
how is it an issue lol.

MoLoToV

Platinum
Reaction score
If someone gets robbed and I report it to the police as soon as I see it, I won't be rewarded either, would I? It's just the right thing to do.

Exzone

District 13
Reaction score
If you're doing the right thing , for example: Reporting abusers; you're making better community for you , for all of us. You don't get anything for it , but you feel good. You know what I mean? :3 And of course you get more chances for Moderator application , I think so...

Also you should read thiss....

Last edited:

SonicSplit

Career
Reaction score
I say the reward is knowing that you probably won't have to run into that rule abuser again and no one needs to worry about running into said rule breaker either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci