• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

WHY did Team Elite revamp the lobby?

Do you like Team Elites revamps?

• Yes! They are awesome!

Votes: 19 19.6%
  • No! I want the COMPLETELY old lobby!

Votes: 60 61.9%
  • Potato!?!?!?!?!?

Votes: 18 18.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

duckluv321

District 13
Reaction score
We asked for the beta lobby back, because we wanted the beta lobby back.
I will honestly never understand why they changed it. When people said they wanted the beta lobby back, it meant they wanted the real beta lobby back, not something revamped.​
Revamping something we all remember being one way, is like taking an ancient artifact, and covering it in glitter, removing a few pieces, and painting it purple (kind of like the lobby).​
Most of the revamps were just changing blocks, which is completely silly, and seems like a bit of a waste of time on Team Elite's part, and a totally random, unnecessary "takeaway" from what we had all asked for.​
The revamps didn't add anything crazy, like a dragon, or new sections, however the new revamps soil what could have been the pristine old lobby that brought the nostalgia we all wanted, and only got half of.​

Old_Spice_

Platinum
Reaction score
To be honest, I think if everyone hates this lobby, we should just scrap it and ask for someone to build a new one, or, to settle debates, re-add the old, original beta lobby.

Old_Spice_

Platinum
Reaction score
Which is essentially what they should've done in the first place, honestly (original beta lobby)
I agree. The renovation was completely unnecessary, I think it would neat to have the old lobby. When I started paying MCSG, I only played with the beta lobby for about 3-4 days before they improved that. I wanna live old school!!! :p

Hawk62

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I agree. The renovation was completely unnecessary, I think it would neat to have the old lobby. When I started paying MCSG, I only played with the beta lobby for about 3-4 days before they improved that. I wanna live old school!!! :p
I had no idea who you were before today. But this, combined with your forum name and avatar make me think you're amazing!

theman356

Tribute
Reaction score
I think the revamp was completely unnecessary. People wanted the beta lobby for nostalgia but it just does not feel like the beta lobby with all the odd changes to it.

duckluv321

District 13
Reaction score
Something else I'd like to add to my former post, is the fact the community wasn't even notified. There was never an announcement, or a thread asking "Would you rather see a revamped beta lobby, or the real beta lobby?"

They simply assumed which we'd like to see better, or chose what they would rather see.

The communities opinion is always important, because if you don't tally it, this is what happens.

Team Elite needs to build a better community connection, as well as MCSG in general. The communities opinion always comes first, because they're the life of your franchise.

So many Team Elite maps are simply added, without any community consent, and that's just silly. If they took into consideration the communities thoughts on the maps, they could improve their public relations, as well as make sure they only put maps that are well-liked into the servers.

Creating a poll, and asking which the community would rather see doesn't take very long, and definitely saves you the time revamping the lobby took.

Heck, maybe more people like the revamp-- and that's fine. I honestly would care a lot less if the community had been given a choice.

Now, I could be wrong, and maybe they had to make a change to the map. If so, it still brings us back to community relations. If they had to revamp it-- let us know why! If you can't go into detail, tell us briefly.

Lack of communications causes many more issues than telling us what's going on ever would.

Tacoface1234

District 13
Reaction score
I like it! Nostalgia is a fleeting emotion. We spent so long with the old lobby that having it back one-hundred percent as it was would get old very quickly for me. The revamp gives me the best of both worlds. I still feel nostalgic about it, but there is enough new to where it feels like a fresh lobby.

Cubes

District 13
Reaction score
I loved to old unedited lobby, but I think the new version could be good too. :)
I try my best to deal with change positively.

Keanu267

Survivor
Reaction score
Something else I'd like to add to my former post, is the fact the community wasn't even notified. There was never an announcement, or a thread asking "Would you rather see a revamped beta lobby, or the real beta lobby?"

They simply assumed which we'd like to see better, or chose what they would rather see.

The communities opinion is always important, because if you don't tally it, this is what happens.

Team Elite needs to build a better community connection, as well as MCSG in general. The communities opinion always comes first, because they're the life of your franchise.

So many Team Elite maps are simply added, without any community consent, and that's just silly. If they took into consideration the communities thoughts on the maps, they could improve their public relations, as well as make sure they only put maps that are well-liked into the servers.

Creating a poll, and asking which the community would rather see doesn't take very long, and definitely saves you the time revamping the lobby took.

Heck, maybe more people like the revamp-- and that's fine. I honestly would care a lot less if the community had been given a choice.

Now, I could be wrong, and maybe they had to make a change to the map. If so, it still brings us back to community relations. If they had to revamp it-- let us know why! If you can't go into detail, tell us briefly.

Lack of communications causes many more issues than telling us what's going on ever would.
Amen. Just like the hub to I didn't want to connect through the hub I liked the direct connect servers but they didn't value our opinion by keeping it direct connect instead they just changed them all to the hub link, mcsg always changes things that never need to be changed.

The Arena Master

Mockingjay
Reaction score
The revamp was so unnecessary. They didn't improve it, they just lowered it in quality. I don't understand why Team Elite needed to be involved with this. I'm happy we at least we have something like the old one, I liked it more than the last one that was stuffed on the servers for a good half a year, but the unaltered version of this lobby was so much better. They basically turned a rather rustic and nice looking lobby into some kiddy looking playground.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci