• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Why do people boost/hack?

Jdennis

Platinum
Reaction score
There are a lot more hackers and boosters than ever lately! In this thread i am just going to point out why you shouldn't hack or boost and also why people boost and hack!

Boosters
If feel boosting is pretty embarrassing as it proves you can not win by yourself. I mainly feel it is people that:
  • Cant PvP well.
  • Need to boost to look good.
  • Addicted to winning.
  • Take the game way to seriously.
But i have recently seen people boosting with hackers and i dont get why , The people who are teaming with a hacker probably get annoyed when a hacker kills them so why do they team and boost with him when they obviously know he is hacking!

Hackers
Hackers are officially a big part in the MCSG community i hate to say it but it is true. People that hack are so under confident that they cant win so they decide to hack. I count hacking similar to boosting because they probably hacking to get more wins.
The way i feel people hack is because they get killed by hackers at the start and they have had enough of it so they decide to do it
there self <--- this is a very bad decision as you will most likely be the person getting caught out :)

If you feel this thread is correct and you agree please do leave a reply and say how you feel

Hope this is a good thread to all and if you like it why not follow me on the forums and Like the post for more :)
Thanks - Jdennis2000

BlueHeron

District 13
Reaction score
Honestly, hacking is fun. Have you ever just cheated a game so you were incredibly OP and could do anything you want? Think of it as messing around in Creative. There's no worry of dying, or limited resources, you can do anything you want, much easier than Survival. I've hacked on a different server once, just to mess around, and it was really fun. No one could stop me, I could fly anywhere, and beat everyone easily. However, at the end of the day, playing legitimately is much more fun, especially if you get banned.

le quack

Platinum
Reaction score
Because not everyone wants to play legit. So they do these things. Boosting is bannable now so You can ban people,

Ceroria

Mockingjay
Reaction score
Honestly, hacking is fun. Have you ever just cheated a game so you were incredibly OP and could do anything you want? Think of it as messing around in Creative. There's no worry of dying, or limited resources, you can do anything you want, much easier than Survival. I've hacked on a different server once, just to mess around, and it was really fun. No one could stop me, I could fly anywhere, and beat everyone easily. However, at the end of the day, playing legitimately is much more fun, especially if you get banned.
It gets stale though. A few friends and I went on my server and tested stuff out and got bored within 15 minutes. You have to really be stubborn and driven to winning at all costs to hack over a long period of time. You must also have little conscience and/or care for the community if you do it on such a large scale server such as MCGamer. (That especially goes out to all of you active in the community who either hack or toggle, especially in the clan scene. You know who you are. It's not cool)

RC_4777

Mockingjay
Reaction score
They do it because:
A) They have a large desire to win. This may be to feel good or to get respect from others by having lots of wins.
A1) Some hackers could care less about winning but they just think it's fun.
B) They have little concern for others or competitive spirit. They don't care that they are impacting the experience of others (or didn't consider it) and they don't have much belief in the idea of fair competition.

FrosstedCow

Spectator
Reaction score
I see hackers as people that just want to ruin the game, there is no sense in even doing it. If you want to have fun, have fun the right way..

MagmaYeti

Platinum
Reaction score
The worst is when you get accused of boosting when you have good stats. Also this guy said he was 15 when his account says he is 13 on the forums.

arsenal

District 13
Reaction score
People boost to get a good ratio. People hack so they can be OP, since usually they suck at PVP.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci