• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Why flying cars haven't been invented yet Pros and Cons

Do you want flying cars

• No

Votes: 9 75.0%
  • Yes

Votes: 3 25.0%

• Total voters
Reaction score
I watched a video of Matthew Santoro and he said at one point that "why haven't flying cars haven't been invented yet we have the technology to do it" that got me thinking why they haven't been invented yet so here are the pros and cons.
--------
Pros
It's faster
It's cooler
The streets won't have that one traffic anymore
--------
Cons
They are going to be extremely expensive why because it's like a miny airplane
If there is a car crash they are going to die.
Failure of the engine you are going to die (Pros you won't be stuck on the highway anymore)
Lots more expensive to handle eg. Petrol servicing and such
Need to have experience for drying it sorry laides no more texting and taking selfies unless you want to die
Can collied with airplanes lots more deaths
No one is going to use domestic flights.
-------
In the end it is going to be a hassle to get flying cars lots more deaths and stuff
Please give feedback on this thread I put a lot of detail and proofread it.
Also first thread on off topic discussions

LieutenantIV

Experienced
Reaction score
You're going to believe that flying cars can be made based off of what some guy on the internet said?

I'd like a real, credible source first, please.

Reaction score
You're going to believe that flying cars can be made based off of what some guy on the internet said?

Of course they can cars are same as airplanes they can modify them but it is un necessary. But if they can't they shouldn't be anyway

M3rsh

Experienced
Reaction score

Doesn't matter whether they can be made right now or not, OP is asking what are your opinions if they were made.

I personally think it's a new thing, and as with all new things, people are either gonna love it or hate it. Take for example the birth of the airplane. Go back 100, 150 years. People would laugh if you told them that humans could fly one way or another. Now look at us; almost all long-distance commuting is done via airplanes.

A more modern example: Tell someone 40 years ago that they could carry a telephone with them wherever they went. They would think you're ridiculous, but little do those people know that in half a century's time, going around without a mobile telephone would be considered weird.

I believe when (and if) flying cars are introduced, it'll be the same story. People are gonna be scared to try at first, but eventually, it will be the norm.

Mooclan

Forum God
Reaction score
As fabulous as flying cars would be, they're currently too impractical, as you pointed out.

People use cars for convenience. It's not something that people needed, but it became an essential part of everyday life, and it was better than the alternatives, especially once it had been advanced for dozens of years.
Would flying cars be more convenient than current-day cars? Personally, I think that it will take a long time before that 'no' becomes a 'yes'.

Right now, cars aren't exactly the safest thing in the world, but they're safe enough that millions, probably billions, of people are willing to use them on a regular basis.
But flying cars...?
We don't have navigation systems set up. There are no commonly known aerial roads.

A flying car has very little friction - there's no contact with the ground!
But if you want to stop or slow down, how do you do that? You can't just blast air in front of you, because that will tip you backwards and send you spinning towards the intersection of Dizzy Avenue and Dead Boulevard.
Perhaps I just haven't thought about it enough, but directing the car doesn't seem particularly easy..

Do you know how much fuel a helicopter takes?
Hundreds of gallons per flight, and several gallons just to take off.
As awesome as it would be, engines that we have today aren't efficient enough to make it practical for people to buy and use flying cars as an item of convenience. Heck, even upper-class citizens would have money issues if they used their flying car too much.
In addition, it would most likely require another training course, something longer and more extended than regular driving courses for land vehicles.

Overall, I just don't think flying cars will be practical until quite a bit after we have self-driving cars.

Kinify

Platinum
Reaction score
Flying cars have already been made but are still in manufacturing stage, but you need to have a Pilot and Drivers license though.

RedMarzBarz_

Career
Reaction score
I thought this thread was about the show Fururama when I first looked at the name... XD

on9

Platinum
Reaction score
YOU SPELT MINI WRONG IT'S NOT MINY

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci