• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Why have the servers gone to crap?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZenGardena

Experienced
Reaction score
I honestly just want to know. I got back on after not playing for a few weeks, and the servers hve seriously gone to crap. The deathmatch glitch is the main problem.
Blame 1.3, until Clank harnesses the power to fix everything and overthrow notch and Jeb, we will have to wait.

ChocolateNannerz7

Spectator
Reaction score
The problems are coming from multiple sources, none of which are the Admins 'not trying.' Do you think we want the servers to be in bad shape? Of course not! I hope that I can explain some of what has been going on.
Because of the changes in 1.3, many of which affect a lot of how Minecraft works at its core, there are many new bugs that have devastating effects on servers, but we can't do anything about that. We have to wait for Mojang/Bukkit to update, then we have to wait for some of the administrative plugins to update, then we can update, but even then it takes hours to finish an update across a multiple location, seventy server network! These servers are located quite literally all around the world. Do you see how even simple bug fixes aren't a cakewalk?
On top of that, these servers have been DDOS'd multiple times, only making it even harder for the staff to keep things running smoothly! We have even had to move server hosts which is quite a lot of work. Try hosting a server group of this size sometime, it is not easy!
Unfortunately, we can do next to nothing about Mojang's bugs, jealous attackers, and poor server hosts. While the Dev Team is trying their best, they are human. They have their own personal lives, and, quite frankly, Minecraft should never be there number one concern! I hope you can see that running these servers has been over complicated by forces out of our control.
Understand that we're doing all we can to make your experience as enjoyable as possible. Some things just take time, so please have patience!
#EndRant
Thanks for a great answer. I seriously wasn't trying to start stuff, and as I said, i just wanted to know. This was an answer that completely answered it. Thank you. You say that you're annoyed at ignorance, but you seemed to handle mine pretty well. :D have a nice day

purplepieman

Career
Reaction score
Thanks for a great answer. I seriously wasn't trying to start stuff, and as I said, i just wanted to know. This was an answer that completely answered it. Thank you. You say that you're annoyed at ignorance, but you seemed to handle mine pretty well. :D have a nice day
I'm glad to hear that you aren't as annoyed as you came off in your first post! I think we all just interpreted what you said more as a bashing of the servers than an honest question because of how you phrased it, but thanks for proving us wrong! Happy to be of help!

greatgamer9988

Tribute
Reaction score
Server's are getting crappier since of the stupid new update where skins are gone and stuff. It's just so much fun to hangout with your friends on here that it makes minecraft multi-player better than single-player. I feel 110% a lot like this.

Sometime's people will DDoS attack this server community which makes it not any fun if it keeps happening OVER and OVER! I mean I'd quit if that happened.

Sometime's people use NODUS HACKED CLIENT for crying out loud which make's the servers crappier. I got a 1 day temp-ban for using it once but I have stopped. Nodus make's the game just unfair.

Poppi11

Survivor
Reaction score
The question is answered and is beginning to become a rant thread.
#Locked

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci