• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Why I moved from Cali to Canada

RissyTheFishy

Platinum
Reaction score
Hello everyone from the MCGamer community,

As some of you whom are close friends with me, know that I have recently moved to Canada. It was a huge decision that I never thought I personally would ever be able to do. I have always been the type of person who would stay home with their parents on the weekends and just watch movies in the comfort of my own home. Although my parents are divorced so I would stay home with my dad xD. Anyways moving on..

The reason for moving to Canada was for a few reasons. Brace yourselves guys for a little story time :p

If you have read my "Meet The Community" thread you will have a little background on this story and why i moved. A little over 3 years ago, I started playing Minecraft. In this time I discovered MCSG. I didn't know how to PvP what-so-ever HAHA! it was a bit embarrassing. Anyways, I met a few people in this time and I am still good friends with a couple of them to this day. Jump forward another year..

I went through a horrific time in my life that I never want to relive. It is extremely personal and I am not ready to share it at this time but, maybe in the future :D. Moving on!.. so I met my current boyfriend, IGN: TheBritishMelonn. When I first talked to him we clicked right away and I knew that there was something there. We talked for the next year practically every day and we got to know each other more and more. Going through the difficult time I was enduring, he helped me out so so much. We went through thick and thin times and almost stopped talking on a couple occasions but we managed to always make things better. Now, almost 2 years after meeting him, I made the decision to move to Canada with him. Let me take you back on how this all came to be :p

vvvv

In July of 2015, we both agreed it was time to meet and we made it happen. I flew 1600 miles from Cali to Alberta, Canada and I met the person behind the pixel skin! It was amazing, I got to visit a few places in the weeks time that I was here. When I flew back home I was extremely happy..so happy that I missed him so much that I made him fly out to see me not even a month later xD. He stayed for a week and then he had to go back home. The next time I was able to see him was In December. I flew back to Canada and stayed for Christmas and New Years with his family. This time we were already planning for me to move there. I was so excited. I was heart broken when I had to fly back home. But.. On March 7th, 2016.. My life changed and it changed for the better. I packed my bags and all the belongings I could hold in 3 suitcases and I was off on my new adventure!

The reason I moved is because back home, in California where I was born and raised for 22 years, I was going through a lot and the environment I was in was so negative. I just felt trapped in my small town. I wanted to be able to travel and I wanted to be happy. My boyfriend and his family decided to take me in and said that I could live with them RENT FREE and go to school and stay with them through this process. I was a bit nervous because I have lived in the same house for 22 years..I have never been out of the country and I have always just been a 'stay at home' type of person. I also grew up with having terrible home sickness.

But here I am. Almost two months in and I am so so happy with this change in my life. I am the most happiest that I have ever been. I have someone who treats me better than anyone has ever treated me in my life. For this I am eternally grateful! But moving comes with its hardships...

I have shed a few tears in missing back home. Mainly because I had to leave my friends, my car and my most prized possession...my doggy :( she helped me get through a lot and I had to sacrifice leaving her, due to the weather conditions here, she is so tiny that I didn't want to shock her. She is also very comfortable with my dad back home. I couldn't take her away. Most of my friends back home don't really message me much. I am sure its due to them just being busy in their own lives that they don't always have time to message me. Being an adult sucks LOL. But I can't wait to start school in the fall and meet new people and build new friendships.

Sorry for the novel, I just felt like giving some more background on me as a person since my last thread I posted didn't give much detail. But why not share, with the community that has helped me get through a lot, a part of my new beginning. :)

If you have read this, thank you for taking the time to get to know me a bit more. Keep a look out for more threads of my journey and/or some more history about me as a person :)

Much Love,
-Marissa (RissyTheFishy)

Speech

Platinum
Reaction score
You made the decision on my birthday :eek: glad you're happy that's all that matters

Dzbs

Iron
Reaction score
I'm really happy that you're enjoying Canada! Living in the Bay Area is stressful, especially where I live, so you made a really good decision! xD

iRocki

Career
Reaction score
I was actually really surprised that you live here in Alberta. :O
Moving can be really stressful but after a while, you get used to it. I had the same feeling when I moved from Toronto to Calgary.

RissyTheFishy

Platinum
Reaction score
You made the decision on my birthday :eek: glad you're happy that's all that matters
Ah happy belated bday bb! and yes i am ooberly happy xD haha

:D

I'm really happy that you're enjoying Canada! Living in the Bay Area is stressful, especially where I live, so you made a really good decision! xD
Thanks lovely! And yes it was stressful! lol. Hopefully when i visit we can hang out :D

Im glad that you're happy! Canada is definitely high on my list for places i'd want to live when im older! :)
It's so wonderful here and i am glad that i made this change in my life!

I was actually really surprised that you live here in Alberta. :O
Moving can be really stressful but after a while, you get used to it. I had the same feeling when I moved from Toronto to Calgary.
I know right! I like Alberta so for :p and it has been a bit stressful with so many changes but i am coping the best i can :)

+1 for canada, once you go canada you never go back as the saying goes... i think ;)
Haha very true! i do wanna visit but i wouldn't move back xD

Jimmer

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Bienvenue, Rissy! Hope to get to know you even more in the future - welcome to the Great White North!
P.S. A little birdy told me that I might be seeing you at MineCon..hope everything works out and we can meet! I actually don't live too far away from you :p

RissyTheFishy

Platinum
Reaction score
same for me when I moved from NewBrunswick to Toronto c: it was life changing in a good way! :)
It's really scary when you do it alone as well!!

Canada eh... Glad you're happy :)
Yep yep :D and thank you lovely! It means a lot!!

Bienvenue, Rissy! Hope to get to know you even more in the future - welcome to the Great White North!
P.S. A little birdy told me that I might be seeing you at MineCon..hope everything works out and we can meet! I actually don't live too far away from you :p
Awh thanks Jimmer!! I'm so happy to be here! And omg omg yes!!! I'm like pretty sure I'll be going! :D Eeeee!!! That will be awesome to meet you! Really what province are you in??

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci