• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Why is the BetterSprinting mod not allowed?

GOFORGOLDCROZ

Diamond
Reaction score
I haven't played Minecraft in months, nor have I been keeping up with anything, but here's what I think.

In the earlier days of MCSG, before what I think was the 1.7 update when the sprint key was added to vanilla MC, BSM was considered a form of exploiting the game. It gave an unfair advantage. obviously, and for using it people where punished accordingly. From what I remember, and don't mark my word on this, but it enables the possibility to sprint sideways and backwards. And again, do not, mark my word on that, but you can take a wild guess as why that may be a little bit unfair.

If I'm wrong on anything I said above, please correct me. I'd like to hear other reasons about it not being allowed.

Raymonds

Spectator
Reaction score
I haven't played Minecraft in months, nor have I been keeping up with anything, but here's what I think.

In the earlier days of MCSG, before what I think was the 1.7 update when the sprint key was added to vanilla MC, BSM was considered a form of exploiting the game. It gave an unfair advantage. obviously, and for using it people where punished accordingly. From what I remember, and don't mark my word on this, but it enables the possibility to sprint sideways and backwards. And again, do not, mark my word on that, but you can take a wild guess as why that may be a little bit unfair.

If I'm wrong on anything I said above, please correct me. I'd like to hear other reasons about it not being allowed.
It no longer does that. When the sprint is toggled on and you strafe without pressing the forward button, you don't sprint. Same thing when it comes to moving backwards.

GOFORGOLDCROZ

Diamond
Reaction score
It no longer does that. When the sprint is toggled on and you strafe without pressing the forward button, you don't sprint. Same thing when it comes to moving backwards.
Then that begs the question. Why isn't it allowed...

Napkinz

Spectator
Reaction score
Personally, I don't think BSM should be bannable just for the pure fact that I can bound my Vanilla sprint key to "R" and hold it down and have basically the same affect. But eh, I find it hard to convince staff on here to change the rules sometimes. Which is understandable in a sense to keep consistency. In a server that has this many people, it's got situations in which it's split in the community decisions. That being said, just bound your sprint key since it does pretty much the same thing, lol.

Tahsin

Career
Reaction score
Personally, I don't think BSM should be bannable just for the pure fact that I can bound my Vanilla sprint key to "R" and hold it down and have basically the same affect. But eh, I find it hard to convince staff on here to change the rules sometimes. Which is understandable in a sense to keep consistency. In a server that has this many people, it's got situations in which it's split in the community decisions. That being said, just bound your sprint key since it does pretty much the same thing, lol.
BSM does not just have the ability to bind a key to a sprint button. BSM has the ability to toggle sprint meaning that it will automatically sprint for you if you use the walking key. In addition, you can also toggle sneak.

I personally think that BSM is a very grey area and should be considered looking at just like gamma was looked at and then allowed. But then again, it is up to the Administrative Staff and Chad himself.

Reactions: OG

OG

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
BSM does not just have the ability to bind a key to a sprint button. BSM has the ability to toggle sprint meaning that it will automatically sprint for you if you use the walking key. In addition, you can also toggle sneak.

I personally think that BSM is a very grey area and should be considered looking at just like gamma was looked at and then allowed. But then again, it is up to the Administrative Staff and Chad himself.
Is this an insightful mod I see? I like :^)

Napkinz

Spectator
Reaction score

I've had BSM and I currently have my sprint key bound to R. And personally, it doesn't feel too different. I think there's such a small difference that it doesn't give a huge advantage. Although, I'm able to understand both sides and I do see how it gives a slight advantage with the toggle sprint. If anything, I think the mod shouldn't be allowed just because of the toggle sneak instead of the toggle sprint. And other sprint mods should be allowed which don't have toggle sneak or other questionable "advantages" but eh. I don't play the server enough to have my opinion fully matter.xD

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci