• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Why ISN'T Necroing allowed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlitzCometITU

Diamond
Reaction score
I don't understand the whole necro thing, if you don't want the alert, unwatch the thread. \(-.-)/

Diar

District 13
Reaction score
From the rules:

4. Do not grave-dig/necropost: Posting on old threads that serve no purpose is unnecessary and gives people unneeded alerts.

• If a thread has gone one month without any new posts, it is considered old and posting on it will be considered necroposting.
  • If the thread is still relevant and important, necroposting on it is allowed.
  • If the thread has a new update, necroposting on it is allowed.
The majority of necroposts, although they may be done on good and interesting threads, are done purely for the sake of necroposting. That is the only exception to the above rule.

DJ Kitty

Platinum
Reaction score
I think necroing should be allowed as long as it is on topic and not someone necroing and saying something dumb like "I like pie"

Denster91

Platinum
Reaction score
I think necroing should be allowed as long as it is on topic and not someone necroing and saying something dumb like "I like pie"
It is allowed as long as the post is on topic, and you can see this stated in the rules that Kraidium quoted a few posts ago. However, the vast majority of necro's are people saying "NECRO!!!1!!111!" or other similar things. Simply put, if a necro is relevant to the topic of the thread, and the thread is still relevant as well, it shouldn't get locked.

RC_4777

Mockingjay
Reaction score
You're not going to get 100s of necro posts. Just unwatch the ones that were necro'd.
The ones that get necro'd are typically locked anyway. I'd rather not have to get an alert in the first place.

BlitzCometITU

Diamond
Reaction score
The ones that get necro'd are typically locked anyway. I'd rather not have to get an alert in the first place.
Just ignore it, 1 alert that you don't even have to check is not going to change your life.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci