• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Why MCSG Needs a Grace Period

Do You Want A Grace Period

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

SolarSnow

Spectator
Reaction score
This isn't a suggestion!

This happens to me 90% of the games I play. I get killed while in a chest at corn. They need to add a grace period to MCSG. I want to know what you guys think of this idea to see if its worth suggesting.

Burningcupcakes

Platinum
Reaction score
This isn't a suggestion!

This happens to me 90% of the games I play. I get killed while in a chest at corn. They need to add a grace period to MCSG. I want to know what you guys think of this idea to see if its worth suggesting.
Thats the whole point. If you don't want to die straight away, don't run to spawn and get a head start on your route. If it was safe everyone would go to spawn. You just gotta decide whether it is worth the risk or not.

Miner9823

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Furthermore, from what KILLERTITANS25 said (Thank you!), adding a grace period simply makes the game far too easy for many other people. In addition to this, it would generally defeat the purpose of the actual Hunger games. In the real franchise, they didn't have a grace period, therefore people got to kill in the cornucopia as soon as they like. That's why we called it a bloodbath. It'd be a little less fun with not having people dying in-game real soon, which brings the suspenseful mood in to play, which makes the game a little more entertaining.

Also, as Manos stated, why would you record a game of MCSG, stating on why you stopped recording? I understand that you wish to portray an example on your frustration on such matters, however it still seems hypocritical to do so. Also...

This isn't a suggestion!
I want to know what you guys think of this idea to see if its worth suggesting.
Now this is generally making matters confusing, I do not see how your suggestion isn't a suggestion. But it is, in a matter of fact, a suggestion. You have attempted to only tense the fact that you really wished to have a grace period. Therefore, you have unfortunately posted this thread in the wrong part of the forums, and should have been moved to the feature suggestions. Don't worry, I'll request for it. ;D

All in all, we should try to build some tolerance and acceptance on such matters. Yes, it is really frustrating having to deal with dying so many times in MCSG. But we need to learn that these things happen, there would be no point in being frustrated in a video game that was thoroughly created for us. I'm sure you'll be able to record a game soon, and if you begin growing frustrated, then simply take a breather and try to relax. Playing video games in such a tense mood will definitely ruin the experience. <3

benji_r

Career
Reaction score
No, no grace period please, the game is fun the way it is

SolarSnow

Spectator
Reaction score
Furthermore, from what KILLERTITANS25 said (Thank you!), adding a grace period simply makes the game far too easy for many other people. In addition to this, it would generally defeat the purpose of the actual Hunger games. In the real franchise, they didn't have a grace period, therefore people got to kill in the cornucopia as soon as they like. That's why we called it a bloodbath. It'd be a little less fun with not having people dying in-game real soon, which brings the suspenseful mood in to play, which makes the game a little more entertaining.

Also, as Manos stated, why would you record a game of MCSG, stating on why you stopped recording? I understand that you wish to portray an example on your frustration on such matters, however it still seems hypocritical to do so. Also...

Now this is generally making matters confusing, I do not see how your suggestion isn't a suggestion. But it is, in a matter of fact, a suggestion. You have attempted to only tense the fact that you really wished to have a grace period. Therefore, you have unfortunately posted this thread in the wrong part of the forums, and should have been moved to the feature suggestions. Don't worry, I'll request for it. ;D

All in all, we should try to build some tolerance and acceptance on such matters. Yes, it is really frustrating having to deal with dying so many times in MCSG. But we need to learn that these things happen, there would be no point in being frustrated in a video game that was thoroughly created for us. I'm sure you'll be able to record a game soon, and if you begin growing frustrated, then simply take a breather and try to relax. Playing video games in such a tense mood will definitely ruin the experience. <3
It wasn't a suggestion because I wanted to see what people thought of the idea before I posted it as a suggestion. It was a discussion.

SolarSnow

Spectator
Reaction score

I recorded the video because I

1) Wanted to try and start a MCSG series, and then, with what happened it reminded me why I had never done one before

2) I uploaded it because I wanted to show my frustration

Burningcupcakes

Platinum
Reaction score
I recorded the video because I

1) Wanted to try and start a MCSG series, and then, with what happened it reminded me why I had never done one before

2) I uploaded it because I wanted to show my frustration
It wasn't a suggestion because I wanted to see what people thought of the idea before I posted it as a suggestion. It was a discussion.
Please don't double post. Next time use the edit button. Thank you and have a great day!

Zietra

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
But people. I'm pretty sure the title of the video was created, because of that he gets spawnkilled, and he uploaded the reason why ;s

Electrix

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Grace periods will never be supported. If you want the Survival Games to be easy, go to Mineplex.
And personally, I think getting spawn killed is actually controllable. You just have to be quick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci