• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Why was Freeze Island removed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

theamazinggeek

Experienced
Reaction score
It was on CA months after they removed it from US and the other regions and it was quite popular. I guess it was removed due to it being unoriginal, as it was just breeze with the water replaced by ice with a few more builds.

Mauro

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Well demon's breeze is also unoriginal if you ask me.

Miko_

Diamond
Reaction score
Probably because of complaints about endless chases. I remember playing on Freeze Island. I hated it with a burning passion (no pun intended). I mean, in water chases, a bow could save you. In Freeze Island, you had to wait for the others to run out of sprint. Not too fun if you ask me.

GOFORGOLDCROZ

Diamond
Reaction score
I say Demon's Breeze is original. Correct me if I'm wrong, but Demon's and Freeze where both pushed out at the same time. The reason I think they are original is not because of the builds but because of the idea to elementally change a very accomplished map. I honestly thought it was an awesome idea, but I disliked the maps. Freeze Island was certainly the least changed of the two, but I still adored it's concept. Overall, I think Freeze just had to go due to some negative feedback compared to Demon's.

Nephilim

Mockingjay
Reaction score
Regarding Demon's Breeze: Although it is a remake of Breeze Island as well, it will stay on the servers, ChadTheDJ 's decision. And I personally find it a very good map, it's fun to knock players of the bridges. :D

Regarding Freeze Island: It is removed from the servers with exception of CA. The main reason for this were the endless chases on the map making it almost impossible to play on. But if you want, you can still play on it on CA if you are lucky with the raffle voting.

Scott

District 13
Reaction score
Seeing that the question has been answered well, I am locking this thread. If you need a more detailed reason, please contact a member of the map committee.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci