• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Windows 8 Screenshot Help

TheKidz101

Diamond
Reaction score
Ok, so I've been a Mac user for years now, and just recently switched to a Windows 8 comp. I'm quite 'nooby' with it and I need some help. I've also creenshotted a BUNCH of people who have done something in chat they shouldn't have. Where do I find screenshots in your Windows 8?
Thanks ~Kidzies

HyP3rKi113r

Diamond
Reaction score
This works for Windows 7, so I'm not sure for 8, but you can give it a shot.
Go to your Start Menu > Type "%appdata%" without quotation marks > Double-click "Roaming" > Double-click ".minecraft" > Double-click "screenshots"

There you go, hope this helped.

endthebean

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
First off are you taking screenshots with f2? And if so listen to HyperKiller

HyP3rKi113r

Diamond
Reaction score
If you're pressing Print Screen it only saves one at a time, and it stays copied to your clipboard as long as you don't copy/cut something else.

TheKidz101

Diamond
Reaction score
Yes I use f2, I'll have to check later because I do not have access to my comp ATM.

HyP3rKi113r

Diamond
Reaction score
Alright just follow what I said in my first post and it should work out well.

HyP3rKi113r

Diamond
Reaction score
And also how do I upload it to imgur?
First you'll need to make an account, and once done with that follow these steps:

Since I don't use imgur, I'm not 100% sure but look for something that says "Upload" or something like that.
Then select the photo(s) that you would like to upload and it should put them in some sort of library in which you can click and look at the different photos.

Denster91

Platinum
Reaction score
You actually don't need an account, you can upload screenshots without one. (like me :p)
Just look for this button:

After you click that you can either drag and drop your screenshots onto the page or you can press "Browse your computer" and find your screenshots from there.

Wyz

Diamond
Reaction score
Finally! I thought i never find a W8 user! Ok, so take your mouse to upper or lower right corner, so you get the Start, Search, Settings, etc icons. Press search. Search %appdata%. It takes you to the desktop and opens %appdata% then .minecraft, screenshots and POOF there you go! :)

EDIT HyperKiller, this doesn't work on Windows 8, because there is no Start button.

HyP3rKi113r

Diamond
Reaction score
Finally! I thought i never find a W8 user! Ok, so take your mouse to upper or lower right corner, so you get the Start, Search, Settings, etc icons. Press search. Search %appdata%. It takes you to the desktop and opens %appdata% then .minecraft, screenshots and POOF there you go! :)
Did you read the other posts? This has sorta already been answed :p

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci