• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

[WIP] Quadra-Biome Map

Status
Not open for further replies.

RealDopey

Spectator
Reaction score
Pretty basic idea, still a lot of work to do though Is basically done. It's a 24 player map with 4 different biomes in a circle around spawn. We're going to avoid actual structures as this map is meant to be all in un-settled land. Added a few structures per biome.

We're also having trouble making a proper circle around the cornucopia, so any ides on how to do that would be much appreciated. Already done.

Here are some screenshots, please post feedback and opinions. Creators are me (RealDopey), pkman, and GhettoPolarBear.

Center (Undone)

Jungle Biome

River in Jungle

Desert Biome

Grassy Plains Biome

Snowy Mountain Biome

Waterfall behind mountain

Joshkey

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I like the idea but it might be a bit plain without any structures at all. Also use mc edit to make a sphere use that to carve out the land and then re fill to make it as close to a circle as possible in minecraft.

RealDopey

Spectator
Reaction score
Okay, we'll try the sphere. And it's not that it's ONLY the land. We have traps, and hidden chest areas and everything with pistons and lava, we just don't plan to make any actual buildings.

Joshkey

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Ok cool, also have you made the biome areas just look like the biome or are they actaully the correct biomes because if there the correct biomes that cats will spawn in jungles and stuff like that which would be really cool.

RealDopey

Spectator
Reaction score
The jungle biome is the only one that we actually set to the correct biome. It will still rain in the desert, it won't snow in the mountain, but cats will spawn in the jungle. At the end we will probably set them all to the correct thing.

EDIT: I just adjusted all biomes to the proper thing. Cats spawn in the jungle, rain will NOT fall in the desert, and it snows in the snowy mountain.

BottleGnomes

Tribute
Reaction score
Okay, we'll try the sphere. And it's not that it's ONLY the land. We have traps, and hidden chest areas and everything with pistons and lava, we just don't plan to make any actual buildings.
without any structures it might be a bit boring

RealDopey

Spectator
Reaction score
Okay, we're working on an "abandoned outpost" on top of the waterfall behind the mountain. Any other ideas for structures we can add without overdoing it? We want to keep it as "wild" as possible.

Cab839

Spectator
Reaction score
Okay, we're working on an "abandoned outpost" on top of the waterfall behind the mountain. Any other ideas for structures we can add without overdoing it? We want to keep it as "wild" as possible.
I'd put an abandoned house/resort on the top of the mountain that has 3 or 4 chests in it. That way it will be like the ship or pink house of your map. Or you can put a small ghost down in the desert with some chests scattered throughout. Just some ideas.

juanhbk1

Experienced
Reaction score
You can build a bunch of structures and blow it up and add vines and everything to make it "wild", a perfect example is Map 1, it has structures but it looks natural.

People like having focal points for big battles or else people are just going to be wandering around bored, pink house and boat come to mind.

Also, I don't like the Quad Biome idea, I think each of those biomes deserve their own Survival Games map, but that's just me.

RealDopey

Spectator
Reaction score
We have 1 spot in each biome that has double chests in it. We don't want to add a "ship" because we don't want people to camp that single spot waiting for a chest refill. It will still happen, but now there are a few smaller places instead of one spot with like 5 double chests.

Juanhbk1 - Following what I just said, each biome has it's own focal point. Depending on which you choose to go to, you will be fighting smaller battles rather than 1 huge battle.

zukodark

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
It looks too much like the regular biomes on minecraft... I hate thoose map, and I have everytime hated the lava in the dessert and the amount of water in dessert. And the dessert looks only like alot of spheres and the lava and water!

RealDopey

Spectator
Reaction score
Yeah I hate having dessert after my dinner too.... The lava cake is just such a pain huh?

Since you're obviously foreign, I'll point out that I'm mocking your grammar.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci