• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

[WORK IN PROGRESS] Ocean map! :)

So what do you think?

• Total voters

DoGs4LiFe

Survivor
Reaction score
Hello everyone, me and a couple of friends are making a map. its going to be in a big ocean, 500-500. you will use boats to go around, and there will be your casual ruins, crashed ships and houses.
screenshots will be added tomorrow :)

-Builders-
DoGs4LiFe
Baggins96
Philipiskoning
Armygedo

-Redstone-
Philipiskoning

Screenies:
2012-06-11_16.44.11.png

The spawn, chests in the bottom are for boats.
2012-06-11_16.44.52.png

the island looks lonely now, but theres gonna be lots more.
2012-06-11_16.44.38.png

this doesnt need discription :p

Please comment on Tips and suggestions and please say what you think of it. :)

The_Soy_Man

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
One thing, boats give you wood. Lots of wood! And stick! If e everybody used boats to get around, sticks and wood would be a load easier to get. Almost everybody could make a wooden sword immediatly. They don't even need to get a chest! Plus, the plugin decides what items go in chests, not the mapmaker.

DoGs4LiFe

Survivor
Reaction score
One thing, boats give you wood. Lots of wood! And stick! If e everybody used boats to get around, sticks and wood would be a load easier to get. Almost everybody could make a wooden sword immediatly. They don't even need to get a chest! Plus, the plugin decides what items go in chests, not the mapmaker.

I know, I could talk with MCSG to get a few chests filled with boats. there will indeed be a lot of sticks and planks, thinking about solution for that.

Baggins96

Tribute
Reaction score
You cant pick up blocks in MCSG. I tried with leaves and did not pick up. So it isnt a problem when boats crash.

DoGs4LiFe

Survivor
Reaction score
You cant pick up blocks in MCSG. I tried with leaves and did not pick up. So it isnt a problem when boats crash.
thanks for the solution baggins; doing nothing. problem solved itself :)

Baggins96

Tribute
Reaction score
Basically it wont be slow to travel in this map 'cause we will make lots of islands around the spawn and they're not too far from themselves.

The_Soy_Man

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
You can't get block drops, but I'm pretty sure you can still get sticks and wood from boats. I guess we'll wait and see.

zukodark

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
You cant pick up the wood, only the stick ;)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci