• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Would you be interested?

Sean

District 13
Reaction score
Hey tributes, I have noticed that when people are building maps etc. an aspect that people fall down a lot is on terraforming. Basic terraforming can be simple for an experienced person but for someone with no prior knowledge it can be a daunting task with random commands.

So if the interest is there I would be willing to host a few sessions dedicated to teaching the people of MCGamer how to terraform.

If this plan was to go ahead I would teach every aspect of terraforming and from very basic stuff such as overlaying to advanced stuff such as custom trees.

This would not just be beneficial for the beignet some of more experienced terraformers could also learn a thing or two.

Before I finish this thread I would like to add a bit if history about my terraforming career. It all started about 6 months ago when Frazzli185 introduced me to the concept of it. I started off with basic commands in world edit and soon moved onto Voxel sniper. After learning the basic stuff I decided to apply for RedForest. This is where I learned the bulk of my knowledge thanks to the help of BlueHeron . I slowly moved up the ranks and eventually became the rank 1 terraformer for RedForest. A few months later I left RedForest and had a short stay Kithex before it disbanded. I then joined TeamElite and soon after Invictus which I am both a current member of. Around this time is when I completed my first solo map Hamlyn which revived a very positive response from the community. I am currently working on another map which should be released shortly. My latest achievement was that I received second place in the MCGamer awards for the best terraformer.

Anyway enough with the story. If you would be interested leave a comment down bellow and if it gets enough interest I will organise the sessions. I hope to hear some feedback from you guys.

Sanders

Team Helix
Reaction score
I wouldn't mind having some lessons in terraforming, I'm still using Wordedit for my Terraforming, but I want to learn how to use Voxelsniper. I would attend aswell.

Kcinayy

Platinum
Reaction score
Yes do it, Im sure people will get better in it when you do a tutorial on it ;)

Mooclan

Forum God
Reaction score
Yes, terraforming is something that people think is easy, but when you actually get into it, it can be much more complex than you might think.
Who knows, maybe I'll even attend a few ;o

Zacharoutio

Moderator | Mapping Team
Reaction score
I'd like to come, so count me in.

By the way, can you just explain how you are going to do the sessions. Just for future knowledge.. c:

Sean

District 13
Reaction score
I'd like to come, so count me in.

By the way, can you just explain how you are going to do the sessions. Just for future knowledge.. c:
Basically I get the group onto teamspeak and on my server where I will show them the commands, show them an example and then they will have to try do it. It will be more in depth than that but for now that's just an overview.

niek

Experienced
Reaction score
Yes please! As leader of helix i think i should be at least decent at terraforming but tbh i really dont know what im doing.

D

Damien // Teepwn

Sounds like a great idea! I have somewhat of a knowledge of WorldEdit and VoxelSniper but I'd definitely be willing to learn some more. Count me in, if there's no time zone clash. ):

DivineMedicus

Tribute
Reaction score
Voxel and world edit are very easy things to learn. Here is a video by leafysearabbit from the mystic Absents team showing how its done:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci