• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Xime Ban Panel Viewing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Now, before you rant on me, hear me out! Here's how it should be done:

Step 1: So lets say Steve is playing MCSG and he wants to apply for mod. He can't find any mods anywhere, so he decides to do /bantoken. He sees the following message:

[XIME]: You have been given a token to see your ban history.
[XIME]: Your number is: 9183 -0192-910 [5]!
[XIME]: Enter this number in the appropriate area in Manage.MCGamer.Net.
WARNING: This command is logged!

Step 2: He goes to the website and inserts his token in the allotted area in the panel. It's loading.

Step 3: He sees his history of bans, mutes, and kicks! But... Where are the people who executed the punishments? Ahh, Steve came to his senses! The SQL code hid the people who executed the punishments. He sees it all. All his disguise names, that one time when he said "Rekt"; everything he had done wrong in this page, all accessed by doing /bantoken. He was happy now that he had gotten his history so easily without the hassle of PMing and TS problems, because it could've been done all by himself.

GetRidaHim

Career
Reaction score
This... is a beautiful idea...

The only problem I could see is if your token is released, anyone at anytime could stalk your page...

This could be solved by the token only being valid for one use until a new one is issued. If it's not noticed by our staff team anytime soon I will definitely bring this up in the next staff meeting!

Thanks for the suggestion!

Reaction score
This... is a beautiful idea...

The only problem I could see is if your token is released, anyone at anytime could stalk your page...

This could be solved by the token only being valid for one use until a new one is issued. If it's not noticed by our staff team anytime soon I will definitely bring this up in the next staff meeting!

Thanks for the suggestion!
Thanks c: and maybe it would be invalid after 1 use or 5 minutes: whichever comes first?
Great idea! ^-^
thanks c:

Ceroria

Mockingjay
Reaction score
I like where this is going, and if this specific process can't be used I'd love to see something similar in which players can go through a process to view their histories without having to go through the whole IP check process on TS and whatnot :)

Reaction score
I like where this is going, and if this specific process can't be used I'd love to see something similar in which players can go through a process to view their histories without having to go through the whole IP check process on TS and whatnot :)
Yah it would be pretty great! Let's hope the Devs put this into consideration!

FusionDeck

Career
Reaction score
For purposes other than moderation (such as this), a simple command would be better. The staff have one, but a separate one for players, to only view THEIR history would be great :)
+1

roygator14

Career
Reaction score
This is a pretty good idea.

Maybe to make sure your token isn't released publicly, you could just make it a normal command like "/myhistory"

Axanite | Liam

Plate head.
Reaction score
This is actually a very smart idea which I don't think has ever been thought of before, or at least to my knowledge. I can also see this helping out everyone because when going to ask for your punishment details, we have to make sure you are who you say you are and everything. +1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci